20 best Europeans p4p

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Luigi1985, Nov 28, 2007.

1. brownpimp88

brownpimp88 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Sweet scientist, how the **** can u rank cerdan above lennox, how many contenders did he beat? Like 5?

2. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    So a solid Middleweight who's claim to fame is beating McCallum in Italy and was flattened by the power punching 'Second to quite a few' Nunn; beats out a Heavyweight Champion of the World who beat near prime Louis; a power punching Featherweight who dominated an era for half decade in Naseem; a Super Middleweight Champion of the World who has bested everyone he has ever met in Calzaghe and a 140lbs King who has risen to the occasion everytime and beaten a fellow 140lb immortal in Kostya Tszyu? Not to mention THE five + year reigning Light Heavyweight Champion Michelczewski.

Same goes for your #19, 18 and 16, I know the Europeans and to a point British sucked, but you can do better than that.;)

3. Luigi1985

Luigi1985 Cane Corso Full Member

Feb 23, 2006

Horrible post, it would be better if you post your list instead of criticizing a good and solid list. A Bogash for example beat more HOF than DM beat ranked opponents, so what´s your point?

4. TBooze

Oct 22, 2006
    A decision win over a green Walker and a dq over Flowers is not going to cut it...

The list is IMO not up to scratch; indeed a bit sloppy for someone as good as sweet_science.

5. Mantequilla

Mantequilla Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    I think most rank Buchanan too highly...Conteh was the better fighter as far as seventies Brits go and their accomplishments are fairly equal.

Dariusz regardless of his long reign was a pretty ordinary fighter as well and i can never forget the disgraceful Rocchigianni fight.

Tbooze's lists are some of the worst i've ever seen.Even Dariusz mother wouldn't have him a light heavy top ten.

6. Luigi1985

Feb 23, 2006

He was robbed against Flowers at least one times, he won also against the likes of McTigue, Loughran, Italian Joe Gans, etc., informate first before you post, Walker was green? He had already over 30 fights at that point of his career, he wasn´t in his prime yet but almost prime...

7. sweet_scientist

sweet_scientist Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Lennox has a better wins resume, but remember that Cerdan was fighting guys often much bigger in natural size to him, whereas Lennox was habitually fighting guys smaller than him. Cerdan also doesn't have any embarassing KO losses to journeymen. I like what I see of Cerdan on film as well. Those are my reasons, fuzzy as they are. I'm happy to have Cerdan above Lewis.

8. sweet_scientist

Nov 8, 2004
    Positions 19 and 20 are a bit weak on my behalf, and I think the likes of Schmelling should have been there instead.

That said, Kalambay did also beat the likes of Barkley and Herol Graham so he wasn't exactly a one hit wonder.

The likes of Hamed and Michelsczewski had longer reigns but their opponents were pretty average imo. Hamed beat no one you'd class over the category of good and the only fighters you could class above that which Michelczewski beat were past their prime - that's if you want to class the likes of Griffin and Hill above good, which might be contentious in itself.

I didn't want to add the likes of Calzaghe and Hatton just yet as their legacies are still to cement.

I'm happy with the likes of Sanstol and Bogash where they are.

9. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    errr... Randy Turpin? Mike McTigue? Calzaghe belongs way up there if you are going to judge current fighters. The Great Henry Maske!

10. sweet_scientist

Nov 8, 2004
    Both Turpin and McTigue deserve a mention for sure.

11. TBooze

Oct 22, 2006
    YOU do not know he was robbed against Flowers, you are using the opinions of others. He did not beat McTigue and Loughran; and Italian Joe Gans was a .6 Journeyman...

12. Luigi1985

Feb 23, 2006

I believe in serious newspaper sources, instead of hearing to a poster like you. He beat fighters like McTigue, Loughran, Walker, Scozza, Moody, Malone, Dundee, etc, that´s a hell of a resume, much better than many of the ones you have in your list...

13. DavidPayne

DavidPayne ***.boxingwriter.co.uk Full Member

Oct 5, 2007
    You guys know your ****.

Benny Lynch, Kid Berg, Wilde....some bloody good fighters.

14. Luigi1985

Feb 23, 2006

Yeah, David, you from the UK know it, Wilde, Lynch, Berg, etc., look at my list, 50 % at least British fighters... :yep

15. Luigi1985

Feb 23, 2006

Agreed. I always thaught T-Booze is a a good poster, but in the last times he is getting worse and worse IMO...