2021 Olympics - Youness Baalaa tries to bite David Nyika in HW bout - Mike Tyson style

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kiwi_boxer, Jul 26, 2021.

1. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    On his Olympic debut in Tokyo, Nyika was composed and comfortable in defeating the top-ranked African fighter, who appeared to lose his cool in the final round after failing to counter the Kiwi’s consistently accurate jab.

The Hamilton heavyweight advances to the quarterfinals of 81-91kg division after his impressive opening win via unanimous decision, with all five judges awarding him the victory, which was scored 30-25 in his favour.

The Kiwi’s jab troubled the African throughout the first round and Nyika’s speed kept him in control of the fight. It wasn't until later in the fight that Baalaa showed his frustration in a blatant attempt to bite the kiwi boxer.

Even though he didn't get hold of Davids ear, how is he not being cited for this?! :eek:
    This content is protected

What's wild is this isn't the first time Nyika has been bitten. Back in 2018 he was bitten on the chest by Yakita Aska during the Commonwealth Games.

"He wouldn't exchange properly; he ducked his head, he bit me, he hit me below the belt," Nyika, the 22-year-old from Hamilton, said.

"He apologised after the bout. It was an intentional bite and he knows it but that's the sport, it's kill or be killed."

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Maybe he smells delicious.

latineg likes this.
  4. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    David Nyika is gorgeous and looks like he'd smell nice.....

...having said that. That subhuman opponent should be banned from ever donning gloves again. Or are we going soft now. Surely there must be a rule on it in the amateurs. I mean, attacking a ref is enough isn't it. So what about attempting to disfigure an opponent for life?

ShovelHook, chacal, CST80 and 2 others like this.
  5. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    David Nyika looks like the human embodiment of Cadbury's Caramilk. I don't blame him.

ShovelHook, MarkusFlorez99 and CST80 like this.
  6. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Ban this ******* for life.

7. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    David Nyika is a beast, hope the kid goes far. He does have a a very hands down and mobile style which wouldn't suit some spectators though.