253lb David Tua vs 216lb Mike Tyson.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by choklab, Dec 2, 2019.

Who wins?

1. Tyson wins

43 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. Tua wins

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I guess you voted for size over substance again?

2. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    The Tyson of 1987 that toyed with Biggs would beat any version of Tua.

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.
  3. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Get your votes in. Its getting close..

4. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    I honestly can't pick . tua is dangerous .

Lewis use his jab and through powerful hits at tua . when lewis saw that tua had a chin and kept coming forward . lewis stayed wary of tua and not to rush a knockout against the smaller yet powerful man..

BCS8 likes this.
  5. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    I know right .

6. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Tua vs Tyson?

ESB's two superhuman juggernauts face off in a battle for the ages. All frailties are ignored,all attributes are overblown.

ESB Tyson (Rooney trained if course) usually only has to hit somebody once to render them unconscious and a stretcher case but Tua is a blend of poundage and Samoan granite genetics that can withstand cyclonic forces and has biblical power of his own.

I'm going to sit on the fence to watch this discussed.

7. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017

I haven't even picked yet , i usually wait until they. Discuss it and say something i don't know so i can make my pick then

young griffo likes this.
  8. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Yeah Tua is dangerous...but Tyson was dangerous and faster.

Tyson at his best was sharp enough to land on the blindside of a fighter. He got shots off that the other guy couldn’t see.

I know Tua can’t second guess Tyson. He’s game. He’s strong, and Tua is better than many of the guys Tyson fought in title fights...but he’s simply not beating Tyson.

Tuas chin is based only on the Ibeabuchi fight. And that fight really isn’t the fight people think it was. It was a fight between two prospects before they became great....only neither of them ever did. They were too square or too close to really punish one another. A lot of quality sacrificed for quantity because it was a learning fight for both. And that’s why neither guy came out without so much as a bruise to show for it. Ike has went on record to say he wished he had of sat down on his punches and took his time. Neither guy did.

In truth, Tyson can knock Tua out. If he’s landing and getting off shots two moves ahead of anybody he’s knocking them out. Tua won’t keep up.

ATP and greynotsoold like this.
  9. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    These two are long standing favourites here and you often see great fighters chances against them dismissed out of hand with little thought put into it.

Seriously Tyson was much better than Tua and Tua would go into his shell once he tasted Tyson's speed and power and would lumber to a clear UD loss.

choklab likes this.
  10. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    I agree. Tua would revert to brave plodder mode. It is a question of levels after all.

11. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Tyson by stoppage anywhere after round 5. He’d hit Tua too clean and often while slipping the straights and weaving the round. Tyson when he fought Biggs was still a well oiled machine.

choklab likes this.
  12. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017

I agree with you in a way however i like to look at all possible outcomes. There is a version where tua could ..cover up and run to safety however there is also also a version which was proven true . Where Tysons opponents ( douglas ,holyfield) had made it late into the rounds and then tyson started gassing and unwilling to press the fight much longer . its like if. Once you outlasted the danger rounds where tyson gave it his all . all of a sudden he engaged less and started to back off the pedal . and not be as confident as he was in other fights.

In this version hes taken late into the rounds and stopped

13. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Tua's chin is based on being floored only once in 59fights and that at the age of 38.

George Crowcroft and BCS8 like this.
  14. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I always wanted to see Tyson vs Too or Mercer but they were never even on the table ..

15. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    Yep made up my mind. Tua by Knockout 10tko covered in a bloody mess