The Ruslan Provodnikov "From Ekaterinburg With Love" Express

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Oct 17, 2010.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Apparently, you can go home again. :think

After four very successful outings on American soil and television (sharing the bill all four times with with Ji Hoon Kim, and all on ESPN2) with the degree of difficulty slowly but surely increasing, he returned to his hometown in Russia to take on a 22-year-old with a now even win-loss record. :blood

Anyone who saw him on TV knows he's a very nice pressure fighter with some heavy hands but a bit of a learning curve when it comes to some finer points of the sweet science.

Why take such a big step backwards? He had a good thing going warming up crowds for Kim. Why wasn't he on that card back in August where Kim lost to Miguel Vazquez? Why wasn't that card on a Friday, on ESPN2? That would have made a much better season finale than Arreola-Quezada (which stunk up the air the night before this was buried on Fox Sports Espanol).

I'd assumed that Ruslan had hooked up with an American promoter due to all the FNF appearances but apparently he's still the property of one German Titov. Hopefully Titov's long term plan includes getting this young gun back stateside and fighting for a television audience.

Here's a look for those who have missed him.

[yt]KRHumU3d_q8[/yt]
    (Ruslan won this one by UD over six rounds)

[yt]wHE8ZRO0z2o[/yt]

[yt]-_PJSvOrQE0[/yt]
    [yt]Iae-ciUMEjk[/yt]
    [yt]biP38s-5DB4[/yt]

[yt]9fH0pzojPj0[/yt]

2. Wiirdo

Wiirdo Boxing Addict banned

Aug 14, 2009
    I am so on this. Provodnikov should be fighting someone like Kendall Holt. I was also wondering "Why this huge step backwards?"

3. joe33

joe33 Guest

Money ?, to show him of at home to stop them forgotten who he is ?, and give him a easy guy in case of an upset maybe