3 Months Challenge

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by LowIQ, Mar 20, 2017.

1. LowIQ

LowIQ New Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2017
    So im 21 years old, 194cm 110kg and out of shape. I want to return to boxing this summer, i trained several years ago, but 0 fights. My goal is to lose 10-15kg in 3 months and to get in good shape for boxing. Im not 100% sure about my diet/workout plan yet, so ill go week by week improving it. As i didnt train or have proper diet in like 2 years :p ill start slowly. First week ill focus on doing bodyweight training like: squats, pushups, chinups, situps... lots of streching and joging every other day. Also removing sugar and starchy carbs from my diet. After first week i will see how it goes and what to add or change.

The reason why im doing this log is becouse 2 friends challanged me to, saying that i cant lose 10-15 kg in 3 months, :D so i want to show them how its done, it keeps me motivated and hopefully someone else finds it motivating :D.

million1 likes this.
  2. LowIQ

Mar 9, 2017
    So few days into training, my routine looks like this
    Morning workout:
    10 min warmup
    50 squats
    30 pushups
    50 lunges
    25 pushups
    2x 10 chinups ( 4-5 negative reps cuz i cant do 10 streight )
    3x 30sec plank
    2x mountain climbers untill i drop
    10 min full body streching.

Night HIT workout:
    10 min warmup
    15x jump rope 30sec fast 30sec rest
    15x heavybag with 15 sec interval all in, 15 sec rest.
    2x 10 burpees
    4x stomach vacums
    streching, focusing on hips, ankles, lats and my posture

Made my diet plan yesterday and it looks like this:

1: fruits (usualy banana) 3 hole eggs, 3 egg whites, glass of milk
    2: chicken, beans
    3: chicken, sweet potatos
    4: tuna, tomato

Im going to stick to same workout for next 10-15 days, trying to increase number of reps on each exercise, resting maybe 1 day a week, and playing sports few times a week.
    I think my diet is good , i try to count calories and cut 500-600 for now.
    My strugle at the moment is not eating as much bread and sweets as i used to, working out is not a problem now,
    i am doing cold showers in the morning to increase my energy, and so far so good.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Grapefruit likes this.
  3. LowIQ

Mar 9, 2017
    So...today i steped on a scale and i am at 103.5 kg. Been doing different bodyweight/calisthenics and hit training with same diet as i wrote before. Feeling very good and strong at the moment. Improved a lot so far, very happy with my chinups/pullups and jump rope because it was something i always struggled with.
    Today i am starting to train with a coach ( a friend of mine) who works with several pro athletes. We are going to focus on weight training 3 days a week, and playometric exercises for more explosivness. I am also going to do some boxing and bodyweight training 1 or 2 times a week, continue with my everyday streches, with same diet as now, and try to rest 1 or maybe 2 days a week.
    After first week i will write my full workout program here.

4. million1

million1 New Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    hi thank you for the post.. i am going through the same condition just little bit different from yours, i started my workout for losing subcutaneous fat from march 1and till now a small amount of result is visited. I started my training schedules https://thelifesquare.com/how-to-lose-face-fat-8571148/ from this, I am doing all the sentences as per mentions without any gap, I know its long way to run i have 82 kg weight and according to length measurements I have to contain weight 51 kg, so i am trying so hard for my face, double chin and neck fat. Hope there will be positive results seems to be true in near future.

radupidu likes this.
  5. LowIQ

Mar 9, 2017
    Work hard and dont give up, good luck :p

6. LowIQ

Mar 9, 2017
    So at the moment i am around 100kg. Last month i added around 100-200 calories of carbs a day, to be able to workout harder. My workouts are different, but they look something like this:
    3 days a week heavy weightlifting (bench press, deadlift, squat, rows, clean & press, military press...) my repetition range is 1-8, i do 4-5 exercises 4-6 sets, usually after lifting i do plyometric, isometric exercises and sprints.
    Day 1 i do upper body, day 2 lower body, day 3 hole body (sometimes even circuit training). Sprinting after squats/deadlifts is probobly hardest **** i have ever done :D but i am lucky to be training with some pro athletes who are pushing me to my max. 2 days in the week i do calisthenics workout, focusing on contracting my muscles and playing with tempo a lot, sometimes after workout i work on heavybag and shadowboxing or just jogging for 30-40 minutes. Weekends are active rest days, i try to rest and sleep as much as i can, but also i try to do some light cardio activity like: jogging, cycling, walking, playing sports etc.
    Even though it has not been long since i started training i feel like i am in my top shape, up untill now i didnt cheat even 1 meal or skip 1 training and it seems to be paying of :) . I will stick to my routine for next month or so, maybe going to start intermidiete fasting (not sure yet, ill have to see how it feels) and after that traning with my old boxing coach as long as i need to get ready for fights :)

lucky luke likes this.
  7. LowIQ

Mar 9, 2017
    Also forgot to say that i have 15 min warmup routine before training, 15min strech routine after training, and 30 min strech routine that i do on weekends :D