Paulie "The Magic Man" Malignaggi

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 24, 2015.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    ...has the magic dried up?

I don't remember hearing an official retirement announcement, but:

1. I remember him grumbling about maybe hanging up the wand and pointy hat for good after Porter whooped him.
    2. The loss to Porter was nearly ten months ago now and there is nothing scheduled or rumored for Malignaggi on the horizon currently.
    3. He is 34 and has been in lots of wars, and no longer moves as well as he once did (and of course lacks the power to keep big welterweights at bay enough to not ship punishment) - and it would be a long arduous road back to a title shot at this point, and probably futile.
    4. Plenty of alternative options are open to him, between his Showtime commentary gig and his budding "side-piece" career in acting. (he appeared in a speaking cameo role in Lights Out, the FX boxing drama that was sadly canceled after one brilliant season; just last week he played a supporting role on the CBS cop drama Blue Bloods as a fast-talking and street-savvy informant...so obviously he isn't spending 24 hours at the gym pining for a comeback if his schedule allows for TV shoots...)

If he is now once again rejoining the Muggle world, he can do so proudly. For such an extremely light puncher to cobble together a career like he did commands respect. He's a 2-division champion and has an insanely good resume, even if he did lose more than he won against the very best.

He was counted out as "done" so many times in his career, only to come back and find success through hard work and relentless self-promotion. If he really is done now, as would be the smart move, he is well past the point of having anything to prove to anybody. Of the six men that defeated him, all were champions, most of them multiple times over.

...and who could forget the bevy of epic hair dos???

Ciao, Guido! :smooch

2. jim jim

jim jim Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Seen an interview recently I think he'll fight again talking about an ebo title and moving from there, he wants a good plan I'm sure haymon will be looking I fill up dates on his new show and Malignaggis a draw

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Boxing Addict Full Member

May 9, 2006
    lol he's been talking so much **** about pacquiao but then goes on to say he should fight him and that he would beat pac.

Clearly the porter beating gave him some brain damage.

4. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Broner fight was his last ditch effort. Should have retired after that really...definitly should retire now.

5. jim jim

Jun 2, 2014
    He did look a bit shot against porter but he was a terrible style for him he was good against Judah he might have another fight or two in him another world title would be a decent feat

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    None of that was serious. He never believed for a second he was landing Pac. :yep

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    :good

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    He looked good against Judah who is even more shot.

(they happened to be equally past it enough to make it a pretty good fight)

9. jim jim

Jun 2, 2014
    Yeah Judah looked so lazy in that fight, but paulie looked more coordinated he's been on and off his whole career really , he could still get another good win I think garcia s first fight at welterweight would be a good one for both of them

10. rayrobinson

rayrobinson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Where do you rate him IB, example A , B , C ??

Because if we are going to be honest when he went anywhere near true world class he didnt win a round.

Personally I prefer him behind the mic.

11. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I want to get one more KO then call it a day.

12. jim jim

Jun 2, 2014
    He was poor at picking his opponents khan hatton and porter where all terrible for him , which is funny because he thinks he knows everything about styles

13. rayrobinson

rayrobinson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Agreed but all three of the above are very different. I think the only thing they are had in common is that they were are very good which i dont think Paulie really is.

I watched him in Manchester when he had his hair cut , even at that level i thought he would struggle with a past prime Hatton and I wasnt wrong.

peace.

14. jim jim

Jun 2, 2014
    Naw I think that quick heavy volume style is terrible for him , if someone is almost as quick on there feet as he is and can get in his face he's pretty much ****ed because he has nothing to keep them off, he fought a bad fight against hatton though he might regret that

15. jim jim

Jun 2, 2014