7 years ago today: Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado; "Good Boy" enters vernacular.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 19, 2020.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    This content is protected

This content is protected

This was really it, wasn't it? The moment GGG achieved crossover stardom. It wasn't his first exposure in the West - that introductory U.S. television debut had come a few months earlier when he crushed Grzegorz Proksa (dampened as that was by the once almost equally hyped Proksa having already been exposed by Welsh journeyman Kerry Hope; not even avenging that loss via KO managed to quite restore Proksa's mystique) - but that just proved that all the hardcore fans had been right about his power & offensive skill. This was the night he brutally dissected a fighter with a face considerably more familiar to American viewers than Proksa's, and riding a streak of 7 wins (all on either PPV or national TV) - and then for a salt-in-the-wound coup de grâce, utterly emasculated him with four cheerily spoken and heavily-accented words. By the wrap of HBO's broadcast, a marketable aura had been conjured around his p4p skills and charisma - with that aura building and lasting for another 4-5 years until shimmering into dissolution around circa the first round against Martirosyan (some may feel a bit earlier, say Canelo I, and some may think a bit later, around the rematch or Rolls)

candlelitekid and Hanz Cholo like this.
  2. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Seems like it happen in fight 2 vs canelo.

i mean the smaller guy was walking him down & backing him up.
    Never thought I’d see that yet there it was.

Triple Good boy Golovkin

time goes by quick man

3. candlelitekid

candlelitekid Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2019
    That was a beatdown ashame the politics of boxing never allowed us to see gggs full potential in his prime

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  4. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Worst Poster of 2015 Full Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Lol at Gabe Rosado. I believe this was GGG’s first official fight as the sole WBA champ since Geale vacated the super version.