72 hours from now, we will find out whether they managed to sort out a deal for Joshua Fury or not.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Apr 7, 2021.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
  2. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I don't think Eddie Hearn has done anything wrong. The problem is the British boxing fans. They have gotten lazy expecting fans in other countries to foot the bill for big fights.

If 2 million British boxing fans paid for the Fury-Joshua PPV what 5 million U.S. fans paid for Mayweather-Pacquiao ($100), they could hold the fight in an empty arena and split hundreds of millions (like Mayweather and Pac did).

But British fans won't fork over the money for a big PPV.

Simple as that. So Eddie is left begging a Saudi Prince to give him a £100 million so he can guarantee the boxers' purses.

But it's not a £100 million fight if the fans won't pay a hundred million or so to watch it.

Maybe Eddie will get lucky and find the Saudi Prince with the smallest weiner. But it isn't looking good.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    sasto and mark ant like this.
  3. MarvelousMarvinGolovkin

MarvelousMarvinGolovkin Kownackis belly button lint Full Member

Nov 13, 2020
    Yes...... A year ago lol

4. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    He could have fought Takam or Hunter or Kabayel but from what i can tell Fury wanted more money even though he "doesn't care about the money" but even if it wasn't his fault and his promotional team screwed it up he still ended up calling Aj out after the Joshua/Pulev fight and wanted to fight Aj NEXT even though at that point it was confirmed he wasn't fighting in December.

If Aj manages to beat Fury then no excuses, i don't want to hear em

kostya by ko, sword and catchwtboxing like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    The inactivity is a legitimate excuse unfortunately. But if he can’t get himself in top form for this fight then he can’t for anything.

6. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    British fans fork out for f all these days, nearly most fights now worth a wank are ppv, Whyte v Pov for example. They shouldn’t be earning the figures they’ve made fighting each other but they did because of UK fight fans

7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    how much $ Fury and A.J want to get from this fight?
    I assume that they maybe might have bunch with clauses and maybe 1-2-3 fights contract?

8. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
  9. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    It's a pity the WBO and WBC don't just enforce their mandatories sooner rather than later ... it's almost like these two are holding their belts hostage with this negotiations saga.

10. Guerra

Guerra Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2020
    Planet Namek will blow up in 5 minutes!

MarkusFlorez99, chico g and ertwin like this.
  11. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I still don`t get some people on here.
    Fury by himself has said they get the offers, and there is big big offers, and he will look up to it and decide.
    This content is protected

0:39
    How exactly is Hearn fault by any mean.
    If Fury didn`t take the fight, its all on him, and this is a blatant duck.

As far as the inactivity goes, its his fault. He have said and promise his fans(this just show you how he care about them), that he will fight in November/December last year. And he could have done this in January and February, even March.
    But he decided to stay inactive and from what i see to get out of shape again.
    How is this Joshua or Hearn fault ?
    People are just getting their excuses before even the fight is fully announce its just ridiculous.
    And why should i care about his inactivity, even a bit? I mean he pretty much forced Klitschko to stay inactive for almost a 1+ year with his antics and shamelessly ducking the rematch 2 time in a row.
    He knew he won the fight, cause Klitschko unperformed and obviously have family issues going into the fight. He knew that even with just a slight adjustment and Klitschko been more active will give Klitschko the win, and the guy forced himself into retirement with his b.c. antics.

So karma is a **** they said ....

And btw Hearn have said 1 million times they want the fight in June/July, cause they want to fight this year 2 time with Fury.

gogeta likes this.
  12. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Who knows?

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.
  13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    They can only enforce mandatories involving their No.1 contenders, the WBO and WBC are seperate sanctioning bodies and have no influence over each other nor could they care less whether the titles are unified, why would it bother either sanctioning body?

14. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    I realize this. They're not related and unification isn't part of their agenda unless it pays off for them.

WBO #1 is Usyk ... who like it or not got there by unifying Cruiser. He's stepped aside to let this Fury/Joshua fight happen.
    WBC interim whatever is Whyte ... he lost to Povetkin when he took a dangerous-ish fight while waiting years on end for his title shot and got caught out.

These fighters are going to be waiting around impatiently for this Joshua/Fury fight to get made and be more frustrated than any of us. Deserving or not, outside of unification they're next in line. I'd prefer some structure, which doesn't really exist, that actually exerted some pressure to keep the ball rolling, rather than let belt holders hold their belts hostage while they hold out for mega bucks. Having said that, I want Fury/Joshua to happen of course.

People on this site spend the time to make threads about this negotiation saga ... but I have a friend who is a pretty keen sports fans who spends time and money on following/attending sports (and his kids play sport) but he's said to me in the past that he's totally lost interest in boxing. Lose too many people like him partly because of these almost years long delays in getting best/best fights in place ... and boxing loses him, and probably his kids as well, and just becomes a niche sport. Just my opinion.