76 gold vs 84 gold???

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by GazOC, Sep 1, 2007.

1. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Ah, yep you're probably right.

2. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Breland is one of the best amateurs ever. With comparisons being made to Sugar Ray Robinson and Thomas Hearns just before turning pro, thats high praise indeed. He did pretty well as a pro, but never quite lived up to his potential. One match the boxing world missed out on, Curry v Breland at welterweight.

3. apollack

apollack Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Leon Spinks would have easily defeated Tillman. Too much nonstop pressure, too many punches. Leon was a badass at that point.

Micheal Spinks would have decapitated Frank Tate

Ray Leonard - Mark Breland. I'm shocked to read most of you think Breland would defeat Ray Leonard. Although Breland was an excellent amateur, I simply do no think he would have beaten Ray, even as an amateur. Leonard was just too fast, too well schooled defensively and offensively and quite frankly defeated much better opposition in his Olympic run than did Breland.

Leo Randolph - Steve McCrory - who cares.

4. Jear

Jear Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2004

New Zealand played rugby in South Africa that year, so the Black African Nations boycotted the Olys

5. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Member Full Member

May 20, 2007
    I know I've had to miss a couple of 84 medalists out, Whittaker and Biggs because they had no 76 counterpart, Page because he was **** and Breland - Leonard is a better matchup than Page-Leonard.

This content is protected

6. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    My apologies, '****' was a pretty poor thing to say about an Olympic champion (or any boxer for that matter). Drinking and posting on ESB don't mix sometimes....

7. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Couple of more wins, and Page may have been the representative in '76. As it was, he gave Tate and Dokes good fights and would beat Stinson later that year. Leonard-Breland is a tossup fight, since Breland was a monster, but so was Leonard.

8. redrooster

redrooster Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    :lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up