`81` SRL vs Money Mayweather 147 lbs

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Waynegrade, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Waynegrade

Waynegrade Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2008
    How does Floyd react when he,s facing a guy who,s every bit as fast as him, better footwork and TWICE the punching power ? Intangibles, he,d also be facing a guy who had a solid chin and an incredible will to win. Can,t see PBF getting SRL,s respect,so SRL walks him down. I actually see SRL seriously hurting PBF to the body. A late stoppage similar to the Hearns fight is how this goes. Why stoppage ? Floyd has NEVER been in a taxing,grueling fight against a true champion who,s skill set match their will to win (heart,intensity). Sorry people,PBF is not in this guys league ...

2. Vanboxingfan

Vanboxingfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I have to agree, but in Floyd's defense he moved up several divisions prior to becoming a welterweight, the same can't be said about SRL.

SRL said that when he lost against Duran he realized he was a boxer and Duran was a fighter, and he too had to become a fighter as well as a boxer. To me Floyd's a boxer, not a fighter.

3. Waynegrade

Jul 27, 2008
    He is a boxer, not a fighter... That,s why I pick these TRUE fighters to beat him. When you come up against similar great fighters . Skills alone do NOT get it done... By cherrypicking Floyd never gave us a chance to see how he,d deal with adversity,against REAL quality opponents... Sorry, Old Mosley,Canelo Chico and Baldomir don,t stack up agaisnt the likes of Duran,SRL,Pryor and Hearns...

4. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    I don't see Floyd as a cherrypicker. I don't. He didn't some fights, because there wasn't a huge demand for it (Margarito, Paul Williams, etc) and they wouldn't make more money than other less risky fights. Same can be said for Ray Robinson if you want to make the case.

He took on Canelo at his peak, imo, and Floyd was no spring chicken then. He has a great resume.

5. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Putting aside his personality, there is no doubt Floyd is a great fighter .. however at welterweight he meets his match in Leonard, an monster jump in class from anyone he ever fought .. it is far more realistic to gage Floyd, all time, P4P against Whitaker.

6. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    SRL catches up with moneyman after some early success from may, and knocks him out in the late rounds.

7. Waynegrade

Jul 27, 2008
    Exactly how I see it... Money can,t shoulder roll against Suar Ray all night. And Ray wouldn,t have any respect for Floyd,s `power` shots...

8. grumpy old man

grumpy old man Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Leonard takes Mayweather places he's never been and wins the fight in the process.

9. Kid Bacon

Kid Bacon All-Time-Fat Full Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Money looks like a million dollars during the first one or two rounds while SRL analyzes him.

But once SRL realizes that his adversary lacks Duran's agresiveness, Hearn's punch and Hagler's resilence it is game over .... Money ends looking like a spent quarter and is stopped during some late round

10. Berlenbach

Berlenbach Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Does anyone really believe Floyd would face someone as dangerous as Leonard, Hearns or Pryor? He'd leave them to fight each other while he tackled Henry Bruseles or Arturo Gatti.

Leonard is simply a different calibre of fighter, and that's coming from someone who isn't particularly a fan of his.

11. N_ N___

N_ N___ Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Mayweather's defense and adaptability> Leonard's

12. jesse

jesse Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2013
    So because he is not one of the fab 4 means he loses. interesting

13. Stevie G

Stevie G Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 17, 2009

As soon as Ray chases Mayweather down and properly unloads,he stops his man.

Mayweather is one of the finest fighters for a generation and it's to his credit that he's been dominant in a post prime weight class but he's never had to face anyone in Leonard's,Hearns or a 'Montreal' Duran's calibre

14. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Ray kayoes Floyd in five rounds.He's faster, and has more killer instinct.

15. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    See Leonard-Benitez, without the KD's or the late stoppage.