A call for unity after McGregor and Mayweather press conferences.

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by james4210, Jul 16, 2017.

1. james4210

james4210 Active Member Full Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Dear brothers and sisters I know McGregor and Mayweather fans are poles apart and passionate about the fighter they support. But I call for unity, can we not at least agree that these press conferences, have been the most excruciatingly, embarrassing and demeaning to watch, WWE style hype and posturing, **** show of garbage that has ever been witnessed, and have made both parties come across as half witted loudmouth morons. Can we not at least agree on that, for the sake of the children.:stirrpot:zplayita:

2. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    I follow and enjoy both sports and they are different sports. i can agree these press conferences have been pathetic and do nothing other than make them look like putrid attention seeking 13 year olds. At first i thought it would be scripted WWE type, but the pair of them barely have the intelligence to make more than 2 lines on the fly for so called vocal dominance. mcTapper was the same with the Diaz fights, just kept repeating himself over and over.

3. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I was a McGregor fan, until he made the dancing monkeys comment. Makes him seem like the typical racist Irish *****. I didn't care about the "boy" comment as McGregor isn't American, and probably not a student of American racial history. But the dancing monkeys.... **** him.

4. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    McGregor was far more natural at it, then Floyd was. Floyd's vocabulary, and idea tank, ran out of gas half way through the first press conference.