A fantasy Match. Shannon Briggs v Marciano.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Jazzo, May 5, 2008.

1. TommyRyan44

TommyRyan44 Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2007
    volume punching marciano would easily win over one punch a round briggs

2. Bill1234

Bill1234 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Watch his fight with Layne. 1 punch and he was out cold for over a minute. He had Louis out cold when he was through the ropes.

Marciano arguably had the msot 1 punch KO power of all time.

3. magnificentdave

magnificentdave Constant Reminder Full Member

Sep 14, 2006
    I guess it depends on when you think Briggs' prime is, after he got huge or when he fought LL,

The shannon briggs that got a decision against old Foreman would probably have tried to run to a decision against Marciano as well, and I think he would have been broken down over the long haul.

Later Shannon Briggs has a 60% chance of knocking him out in the first 3 rounds, but after that, he is just too tired to be competitive against marciano

4. A Rock

A Rock SAMUEL ETO'O!!!!! Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Marciano wins 100 out of 100 times. He could not be stopped and beat far better competition than Briggs. Briggs never beat anybody even close to Joe Louis

5. Sardu

Sardu RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012 Full Member

Jan 22, 2008
    In early 1996, a small heavyweight with a big heart named Darroll 'Doin' Damage' Wilson knocked out a young Shannon Briggs in about 4 rounds if I recall correctly. I saw Wilson in person and he looked about 5-10" (although he was listed as 6ft. tall). He was obviously very solidly built but I cannot picture Wilson being stronger than Marciano. The huge, blown up later version of Briggs lost to Jameel McCline and even struggled and was losing to Liakovich before he pulled it out out in the last round. He hurt Lennox Lewis early in their fight and showed a lot of heart before Lennox lowered the boom in the fifth. My point is that Briggs had some good moments, some lackluster ones, but never even came close to the level of excellence Marciano achieved in his legendary career.

Marciano KO 3 Briggs