Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by minemax, May 15, 2019.
Have they still got that underground mall in HOUSTON ??
Humidity City usa
I honestly wouldn't be against that. Be good to show that none of us are really like our online personas. Hell, I'd even take Isal or you or el chicano (Eff that loser Dino though!!!) around if anyone came to AK. Gonna be busy with in-law stuff in houston though.
I guess boxing is dead then in that case. Always going to be a vested interest. But if the commissions and governing bodies can’t keep it impartial we should all just turn off now.
Only place I remember more humid than Houston was Lake Charles La. Friend down there was a fighter he always said it was too humid to do roadwork so he jumped in the bayous & out swam the gators lol
What does it matter what Golovkin would have got? Derevy stood to make much more money by putting the fight off and enforcing mandatory status afterwards.
He went onto make under 500K against Jacobs.
He would have made more against Golovkin. I don't know why you can't accept that Golovkn ducked this guy.
Why do you keep going on tangents like it changes anything. The facts are as stands. Derevy stood to make much less against GGG if he jumped in on two weeks notice than had he waited til after that fight and enforced his mando status. Why can't you accept the fact that Derevy made the smart political play that got him an easier shot at the belt by not fighting Golovkin on two weeks notice.
lol no not sure your understanding the amount of the invested 365 millions dollars please name another fighter who has had a company invest that much into to them upfront?
Nothing you said is a fact.
Where's the source that proves HBO said the fight was worth $1M?
Wheres the source that proves Sergiy didn't want it?
I provided sources and quotes to prove you are a liar.
Dervy would have earned 25% of whatever the fight was worth. Sources in that link claimed around $5M.
25% of a few million is a LOT more than the 465K he made against Jacobs.
This was posted April 6th - 4 WEEKS before the Vanes fight. There was FOUR weeks to make the fight , not TWO.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission rejected GGG’s promoter’s choice of 21-year-old junior middleweight contender Jaime Munguia on Thursdays, to Gary ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan is currently seen as the frontrunner to get the fight. IBF mandatory challenger Sergiy Derevyanchenko’s promoter Lou Dibella still hasn’t up hope to have his fighter get the fight with GGG.
Dibella wants the IBF to order the Golovkin to immediately face Derevyanchenko. It’s a long shot unfortunately. The IBF isn’t likely to order that fight with just 4 weeks to go before May 5th. For Golovkin, he won’t gain much from having Derevyanchenko as his opponent. He’s not a star in the U.S, and he won’t draw any more interest than O’Sullivan.
This content is protected
The IBF actually did go on to order the fight which is why they didn't to sanction the Vanes fight. Golovkin had 4 weeks to make that fight , but he refused.
He could have even pushed the date back another few weeks if he wanted. He took the easy fight and was happy to drop the belt. Facts
Golovkin got stripped for fighting Vanes. D-Chenko would've recieved a cut similar to a purse bid (if not an actual purse bid) had he been allowed to fight GGG. D-Chenko has good managent which is why his career has been handled so well. GGG would've had to pay him for the Vanes date.
I thought GGG ducked him at the time. After seeing Sergiy's last two fights, I cannot imagine in retrospect why. The soap opera actor looking guy from Ecuador beat Derevy up pretty good regardless of the decision and I think Canelo beats him into a stoppage. I believed the Sergiy hype and thought he was a real tiger. Now he looks pretty much declawed.
Are you sure thats how it was being handled? Based off memory, the May date would have been considered a voluntary even if Derevy had been chosen. He would not have got the Mando split. I'd like to see a source that states otherwise though if that wasn't the case.
If the IBF ordered the fight then they ordered the fight. I don't see how posting a source that says the IBF isn't likely to order the fight helps your case any.
Okay, even though I hate researching on my phone I went ahead and did it.
Golovkin was stripped by the IBF in June, a month after the Vanes fight, for failing to defend his belt agai st Derevy with 90 days of the May 5th fight.
This content is protected
After seeing how ridiculously easy it was to find this basic information I'm finding it hard to take anything either one of you say with any certainability. Calling me a liar then trying to say Golovkin was stripped for fighting Vanes is absolutely appalling.