A-side Rematches - ye or nay?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mickea4, Feb 13, 2021.

1. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Well we had the WBA created in 1962 and WBC in 1963 thus the start of 'alphabet' titles one could say.

The additional weights issue again not solely a modern issue, weight categories been added from early 20th century, weight limits themselves have changed, just taking the cruiserweights as example, that was a sensible addition as it a helluva single jump from light heavy at 175 pound limit, to then possibly facing behemoths like Fury who weighed nearly 100 pound above Light heavy limit when he faced Wilder.

The newer different weight divisions does mess up making comparisons of boxers achievements eg Hurricane Hank Armstrong held 3 different weight world titles (undisputed) simultaneously across a 21 pound weight gap Feather to Welter. Wheras today it would theoretically be possible to hold 3 world titles simultaneously at different weights, with just a 7 pound difference between the opponents you face.

I can remember the days where i could name every champion in each weight class off top of my head, that is not so today, but nowadays if in doubt i got Dr Google to ask so all is good.

Mickea4 likes this.
  2. Boomstick

Boomstick Active Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2020
    No doubt it’s been a progression. And same as me, it’s hard to keep track of who is who.

KernowWarrior likes this.
  3. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Mainly the A-side trying to save face and call the first fight a fluke imo

Mickea4 and Philly161 like this.
  4. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    These rematches give us an opportunity to watch ring walks accompanied by the sounds of Phil Collins “In the air tonight” or James Brown “the big payback.”

Mickea4 and HolDat like this.
  5. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    This guy lufcrazy is a troll. Dont even mind him. He is Whyte fanboy and its crying for that rematch for long time.