A Time a Boxer had an off night....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by POTUS, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Could've been an off night. I wonder if Wilder's gameplan got derailed during the course of the fight? Fury as goofy looking as he is, really is quite illusive for a big guy.

& the Holy-Moorer bounce contest...:aplastao: I think it was the 3rd time he got up when Bobby Czyz commented he may gain more fans in this loss than all his wins. Holy didn't keep him down, but then again he wasn't throwing hay-makers either, just well timed & placed shots to the dome.

I was just happy Moorer was graceful in not giving one of those "That wasn't the real me in the ring." He said I won one, he won this let's do it again. But we know that would've been the same in a rubber match. Man, I sure am glad I got to see Holy fight reel time.

2. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I don't think Deontay had an off night, I think he got robbed.

3. Eel87

Eel87 Active Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2014
    I think Duran was off in the Leonard rematch. Toney had a few off nights. Hearns vs Kinchen. Floyd vs Maidana 1.

4. KO Artist

KO Artist Do not attempt to adjust your TV Full Member

Aug 29, 2018
    I don't agree that Froch had an off night in that first Groves fight at all.
    1. Firstly, Groves is clearly a superior boxer. Froch get's by on strength and guts. He is never going to outbox Groves.
    2. In the first fight, It was clear that Groves had really got into his head mentally so much that Froch actually seemed really nervous and racked with self doubt in that fight from the very start. Then he goes down heavily on round one. After that he just can't mentally cope and looks like a deer caught in the headlights. He was getting embarrassed and beat up by skills. Late on he had no choice but to gamble and his strength came into the fold, although teh fight was stopped WAY too early. Groves was most likely robbed of his victory.
    3. The rematch again shows Groves is the superior boxer, although it was closer due to Froch being more careful. Froch wins by clear hail mary KO, but it's not as if he was winning the fight.