Abdul-Bari Awad vs. Francisco Martínez Sánchez & Terri Harper vs. Alycia Baumgartner RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Nov 13, 2021.

1. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    I still don't get it. How have the years of hype for Galahad (or even the last few months of hype, since winning the red strap) been hidden from me?

He's been scorned and passed over for as long as his name has been any kind of factor.

2. PerfectNose

PerfectNose Galahads reign of 14 weeks lol banned Full Member

Nov 11, 2021
    There's some people on forums who have been talking like he's the best thing since slice bread, talking like he's some unbeatable fighter. Unbelievablely laughably overhyped for such a mediocre fighter. :lol:

Here's one example of many :lol:

3. PerfectNose

Nov 11, 2021
    Maybe. But it was beautiful seeing a drug cheat who bullied an old man with BJS get starched by a cherry pick!

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. PerfectNose

Nov 11, 2021
    That comment aged very badly very quickly! lol

Oneirokritis likes this.
  5. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    "Generational talent" is overstating it. :lol:

But any fighter who demonstrates significant measures of ability while struggling to gain wider industry recognition will attract some degree of cult following on forums. Kid's has been very modest.

Broadly speaking, he's been much more overlooked and ignored than highly praised. Pundits have acknowledged him, but few (if any) with a profile have stuck their neck out very far on his behalf in the last ten years.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Why is everyone laughing at the guy who said Barry reminds him of some of the old technicians? Some of these 'old technicians' were ko'd by much worse fighters than Kiko Martinez, Jersey Joe Walcott was KO'd by Abe Simon and 178lbs Tiger Jack Fox, also Al Ettore

7. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    It's always interesting how that sort of thing cones back to bite a person sooner or later.

PerfectNose likes this.
  8. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Damn that was brutal.

Kiko is like a leg of Jamón Ibérico..ageing beautifully.

G Man likes this.
  9. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    And 2021 isn't even done yet, so I'd give a penny for Joshua Buatsi's thoughts just a few weeks out from a stern test against Maxim Vlasov. If I were Buatsi and I reflected on this shocker of a year Matchroom have had, I'd be absolutely ****ting myself. :lol:

Usyk vs Joshua II, Fury vs Whyte, Benn, Harper, Courtenay. I get the feeling this run of unfavourable results even with the deck stacked so heavily in favour of their fighters will only continue for Matchroom in 2022. Not that I'll ever lose any sleep because of it. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021