Abdul-Bari "Kid Galahad" Awad vs. Francisco "Kiko" Martínez Sánchez RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Nov 13, 2021.

1. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Maley and I'm spartacus will be drinking them tears tonight after all the grief bent nose has given them.

2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Least not many were there to see it

Oneirokritis and Astaxanthin like this.
  3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Barry should of got the decision.

Glenn McKrory and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Bunce throwing shade at Hearn referencing his fighters’ losses there.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I thought fans wanted to see fighters in fights where there is some sort of risk? I don't know enough about the girl Harper fought but she's a world champion and a world champion should always be defending against live opponents. This forum screams blue murder of if they do not.

Fighters losing fights isn't on the matchmaker its on the fighter.

When Josh Kelly lost I saw some tried to say that was bad matchmaking but was it really?

Kelly got to the point where it was sink or swim and he himself had to prove he could survive. Him failing to do so can't be blamed on a matchmaker as Kelly has more than enough fights previously to be fighting at that level.

LeavemealoneKoooogs and kojak like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    FFS thought this would be a boring KG points win so didn’t watch. Wasn’t even doing anything, was playing Fifa ffs

Glenn McKrory, Oneirokritis and kojak like this.
  7. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    No idea on the women's fight.

But no one wanted too see Galahad vs Kiko, so it was an underwhelming fight on paper and he got his man beat.

Warrington vs Lara another completely uninteresting scrap

8. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Getting dropped and getting knocked out are two very different things

9. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Well it was the exact fight you expected.

The KG got overconfident and ended up getting spangled twice

Oneirokritis likes this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Quite ridiculous. These aint youngsters on the way up thrown into the deep end. They are world champions where every fan claims they want to see defend there titles against world class opponents.

What does Bunce want? Champions given gimme fights vs out matched opponents but then the criticism would then be "opponents shouldn't be fighting at this level".

11. PerfectNose

PerfectNose Galahads reign of 14 weeks lol banned Full Member

Nov 11, 2021
    OK, but I always suspect a bad chin when a fighter has had such a padded record avoiding punchers for so long.

His chin looked truly awful tonight, packing serious glass. I bet he's been sparked in the gym numerous times.

Imagine what Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg in their primes would have done to him.

Oneirokritis and Jurgen like this.
  12. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Agreed.

No need to be wrapping world champions up in cotton wool. KG did get sloppy and was made to put but Kiko is a good operator who has the ability to do that.

Back to the drawing board for Kid but it happens. Don’t dwell on it and get back to work.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  13. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    I don't see what the alternative is? A champion has voluntary defences and not every defence will be a big fight.

What do you want? Hand picked voluntary defences vs any fighter in the top 15 who can't punch through a wet paper bag until a big fight can be made?

Fans are not happy with that and nor should they be. 50/50 fights is what fans say they want. If they can't get 50/50 at a minimum champions defending against opponents who pose some kind of danger should be a given.

To think josh Warrington an undefeated world champion was someone beaten because of Eddie Hearn is crazy talk. Warrington lost to a dangerous fighter who could hurt him and as a world champion that kind of opponent should come as no surprise.

kojak likes this.
  14. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    To be fair, he took a massive right hand bang on the button, fully loaded shot.

Oneirokritis and Wizbit1013 like this.
  15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    That was prime Ronnie Pickering glass - Bellew and Laura Woods seen ducking to avoid the shards of glass flying through the air

Pompey Junglist and PerfectNose like this.