Abel Sanchez: Lara has not earned fight with Golovkin, Wards has to come to 164

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stylez G., Jul 23, 2015.

1. Stylez G.

Stylez G. Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Interesting stuff from Sanchez. Here's him talking about Lara:

"Lara has not earned the right to fight Golovkin. And the reason I say that is because he takes fights like Delvin, and Delvin is not a bad fighter but he doesn't belong at that level. He struggled with Delvin. Yes he won every round but he didn't do what he needed to do in order to be in the mix,"

"The guys at the top like Gennady and Kovalev, and Wladimir doing his thing at heavyweight - they are knocking people out and giving the people something for their money. And Lara doesn't seem to do that,.. He could have done more to Canelo but he didn't. So that doesn't make him appealing to not only HBO but also to me and our team - and that's the reason why I turned him down."

Here's Sanchez on Ward:

"I don't think Ward should have a problem making 164. He talked about fighting Mayweather at 160. Why is he talking about fighting Mayweather at 160 if he's not willing to fight Gennady at 164?...If they thought that it was in their best interest to fight Gennady at 164, then fight him - or else they can go about their way. For us, Golovkin is the A-fighter in this situation and I don't care what anybody says. It's not like Golovkin is asking him to come down to 160, like [Golovkin] was going to do for Mayweather and go to 154. We're asking him to meet us halfway. If he doesn't want to, that's okay - we'll just go on to the next one."

2. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Lara is fodder to Golovkin.....

3. Team GGG is becoming the diva that people claim to hate about Cotto, Mayweather, and Canelo. Wow how the tables have turned and now the beast of 160, that nobody wants to fight is turning away guys that want to fight him. At Least Lara was on a ****ing PPV. Triple Gypsy cab Killer has never seen a PPV check cut in his career ever.

4. Let's not forget that that Kovalev fight will be empty almost. I will definitely be asking for a cheap ticket upgrade. Since he is so popular that nobody is buying tickets to his fight.

5. mirkofilipovic

Jan 7, 2014
    Lara was on a paper view because of the CERTAIN opponent he was facing :deal

There is absolutely nothing pleasing about watching Lara pot shot and run for 12 rounds.

6. mirkofilipovic

Jan 7, 2014
    If he was facing someone other then Muhammed, people will be much more intrigued :huh

7. And Canelo still won't fight him this year or next year, I promise you that. De La Hoya will go back to the caine for that to happen.

8. It's his mandatory. He has too fight him to keep his belt, I understand but it's a good opportunity to see a guy on the rise before he has $3000 ticket prices.

9. punisher

punisher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Bullsh!t from Sanchez. Lara has fought better competition than GGG has. He schooled Delvin. He just doesn't bring the money GGG does. But, he is more than deserving in terms of resume. I just don't think he'd win.

Team GGG needs to stop talking about Ward. They don't really want that fight. It's way too a high of a risk and would bring the GGG hype to a screeching halt.

10. mirkofilipovic

Jan 7, 2014
    3000 dollar ticket prices? :yikes

Damn man, that is just too much money I could be using to pay my 1000 dollar a month car lease.

11. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Jesus 1000 a month for a car lease? What car do you lease? A Ferrari?

12. Hotsauce

Hotsauce Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2011
    But GGG fought willie monroe jr

13. mirkofilipovic

Jan 7, 2014
    Lexus Isf :hey

14. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Just save up and buy one outright bro. :lol:

15. Hotsauce

Hotsauce Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2011
    It seems to me that GGG is about to become what yall hate about floyd, manny, cotto, and canelo.

How times have changed