Adam Azim

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by aaaaa, Nov 27, 2022.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Just finished Rylan Charlton in 2 rounds.

Future world champ?

EJC83, ryanm8655, Astro and 3 others like this.
  2. littlebrain

littlebrain Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
  3. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Needs to get hit a bit first. Noticed he drops his right constantly. A better fighter is going to exploit that, especially when he throws that sneaky left uppercut as he moves, begging for an overhand left to nail him.

At the moment at this level fighters can't deal with his speed mainly, which is why he keeps bashing them on the back of the head accidentally.

BEATDOWNZ likes this.
  4. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I'll wait until he's a bit more tested, he definitely looks like he has the ability, speed and power, think its more the speed that's the issue for opponents at the moment.

Seen it all too often fighters who fall apart once someone can take there power or who get punched back, who look amazing blowing people out levels below them.

Azim's problem is that it'll probably be quite a few levels up still until he's tested.

Skyver, Snails and BEATDOWNZ like this.
  5. Plaistow

Plaistow Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    It’ll be a good watch whatever level he reaches!

6. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    At this point azim and Dalton smith possibly most potential go far in the UK. Both cracking fighters both in same division, Think these 2 will be kept apart. Would like see both take step up maybe a ohara Davies sort of opponent a name doesn't throw alot back been around for a while or Sam maxwell even Robbie Davies Jr or is that a bit too ambitious this stage?

BEATDOWNZ likes this.
  7. Terry94

Terry94 15-05-20 Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Adam Azim, Sean Noakes, Dalton Smith all prospects at 140.

littlebrain and VanBasten like this.
  8. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    It looks like Dalton Smith v Adam Azmin could be a future British "superfight" down the line.

Azim has ridiculously fast hands and whilst he's young and there's no need to rush him, his raw speed is just going to blow guys at the lower level away inside 1 or 2 rounds... as we keep seeing so far.

He will need start needing rounds at this stage sooner rather than later to enhance his development and we need to see him with guys capable of hitting him back so the likes of Shalom need to be on the ball with the matchmaking.

Looks a big talent though and McGuigan will get the best out of him.

ryanm8655, Astro, Snails and 2 others like this.
  9. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    It's a yes from me. He has super fast reflexes, great hand speed and shot selection. Obviously yet to see his chin but he's exciting nonetheless. Before the fight, I really thought Charlton would have stayed in with him for a few more rounds.

10. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Wouldn’t dismiss it completely but not for me until I see him beat someone legit.

11. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Definitely yes.

If Boxxer / Sky develop him in the right way and give him the right opponents at the right time, then the potential is huge.

littlebrain likes this.
  12. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    His height and punch power are very different to negate plus he comes prepared to put the hurt on from opening bell ! Of course we need to see what his whiskers are like but that maybe a while in coming .

13. Kennedy

Kennedy Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Lewis Ritson 2.0

14. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    His hand speed is exceptional, it's the shots a fighter does not see that do the most damage which is why he is getting such quick knockouts.

He has good variety too, a good finishers instinct and a world class coach (I rate Shane as the best in the UK to learn from).

There's still a lot we need to see though. Fighting on the back foot? His chin? His stamina, and I don't just mean going rounds for the sake of it and having an extended sparring session, I mean his stamina in a fight where he is under pressure, and being backed up. How well can he pace a fight where he has a fight at a high pace for 10-12 rounds with little opportunity to take time off in rounds? How well will he deal with the inevitable burden of expectation in a much bigger, high pressure fight with more on the line?

The problem is that due to his talent it may take quite a few fights before we get genuine answers to these question as I suspect he will win easily at the level they will keep him at in 2023.

So from me for now based on what I have seen it is a tentative yes to him winning a world title, but it really is so early in his career I think he's only 20 as well!

Wizbit1013 and kojak like this.
  15. Darni187

Darni187 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 13, 2008
    This Kid is a freak of nature.. only 20yrs.. beating up a strong fit 30yr old man like that ... that's not normal itself Charlton said himself before the fight this is a kid vs a man .. those were really hurtful shots .. Adam has bad intentions with his shots when he sits on them and turns with the shots ...

EJC83 likes this.