Adam Booth

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BXNG101, Sep 3, 2020.

1. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Very good trainer in my opinion. Don’t like the amount of control he wants over the fighters, seems like he wants to cash in and manage them as well

2. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I think as a trainer he is hugely overated, seems to have a chip on his shoulder, all his fighters seem to leave due to financial reasons! They can't all be wrong!!

tdf1974 likes this.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    The only ‘financial fallouts’ I can recall were rumoured to be with Haye and Groves. That allegedly stemmed from them having no problem paying Adam his fixed % as trainer/manager whilst they were up and coming, but once their purses hit the big time (thanks to Adam’s managing) they suddenly wanted him to take a smaller %.

4. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Let’s be honest, good trainer or not, you wouldn’t leave him alone with your mum, wife, or kids.
    There is something not quite right about him, and the fact that no one has quite been able to put there finger on what it is is enough of a red flag to make it obvious that you’re best off keeping your distance from him.

5. Usercom

Usercom Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2020
    And I would argue that fighters and performers in all entertainment are entitled to reduce the percentage of managers/promoters/advisers once they hit the big time. Should Canelo pay his manager and trainer and promotor 10-15% each just because he landed a huge deal? I would say NO. At the end of the day, the performer has a much smaller window than the supporting cast and as such should profit more accordingly.

6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I do see the argument from both sides. But that’s the business, a lot of fighters fell out with trainers like Emmanuel Steward and Freddie Roach for the very same reason.

7. koartist2012

koartist2012 Member Full Member

May 24, 2012
    in a nutshell , probably the best comment i've read on here since it was called east side boxing

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  8. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    The performer can always become the supporting cast after they retire you know, that way they have both windows.

9. Usercom

Usercom Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Yep. Boxers can become managers or trainers but the vast majority do not because they are not suited to it and some of them who do start ripping off their erstwhile colleagues i.e. McGuigan

10. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Dont particularly rate him as a top tier coach tbh. Other than Haye what has he actually achieved he had some success with Groves and Burnett but seems like hes dining out on the Haye meal ticket still.

Boxers barely stay more than a couple of camps with him, Kelly if anything has got worse under Booth than he was before him, bad habits picked up and doesnt seem to address them despite them being obvious ones.

Joshua and Usercom like this.
  11. porkypara

porkypara Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Neil Marsh incident? Tell us more.

12. Optimus Grime

Optimus Grime Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    I have met Booth a couple of times and have a mate who trains pros so has dealt with him before. He is knowledgable but can be hard to deal with not from a diva type way but wont allow himself to be pushed around or his fighters to be pushed around always looking for the best deal, which is great of your his fighter but not if you have to deal with him. That said i have seen rumours about his own deals with fighters but dont have any real knowledge but he seems to attract good fighters so cant be that bad.

The Neil Marsh thing should be taken with a huge pinch of salt the idea that a professional boxer with reems of amateur experience facing the best in the world regularly would put himself through a whole camp at great personal expense (and not just financially) to then pull out last minute because the opponent (whom they would have studied before choosing) looked in good shape is a bit ludicrous to say the least. Also the rumours of JK in the hotel bar night of the fight when he supposedly have flu has zero evidence and the stories from people reporting rumours change constantly.

I think its much more a case of Marsh hitting out due to frustration which i get tbh.