Adam Smith: "Fury one of the greatest of all-time"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Safin, Oct 12, 2021.

1. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Come on mate, ****ing Pulev and Hughie Fury?

Your just being contrary for the sake of it now.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Wilder does have terrible quality of challenger for a title-holder with numerous defences.
    And he's clearly not a skillful boxer.
    BUT his power and unorthodox style and reach make him a nightmare opponent for anyone.
    The KOs of Ortiz and the KDs of Fury, combined with the fact that he stopped everyone else he faced, show that his ability to land devastating 'equalizing' power needs to be taken seriously, even at the highest level.

Accurate, Gatekeeper, Jacko and 3 others like this.
  3. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
  4. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    If Fury beats AJ and Usyk how is Mitch going to cope? He obsession is terrifying

Fury is a terrific fighter and H2H a problem for anyone ever with his skill, size, awkwardness and sheer will to win. The biggest puncher of this generation has put him down 4 times and he's got back up every time.
    Wilder fought his heart out, he's not a great technical fighter but he's fit, has a decent chin and top level power. He doesn't have a great list of victims a but his stock has risen in defeat as he went to the depths to try and get the win and showed he could hang with a guy who is vying to be top dog in the division in a fight for the ages.

Fury needs to keep momentum going. Beating Whyte is a step down but Whye has earned a shot against a title holder I think. Beat Whyte, beat the winner of Usyk, AJ and then he might be tempted to ride off into the sunset.

In a career interrupted by issues outside the ring, and the pandemic if he could unify the belts that would be a career some could only dream off. Best ever well these things are never proven but he could be in the discussion.

Chin, adaptability, Stamina, Power, Skill the only thing he doesn't have is blazing hand speed but he's shown great attributes across his career.

caine and Oneirokritis like this.
  5. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    An average jabber in Washington caused him all sorts of issues how would he fair against a smart and excellent jabber in Pulev?

Hughie is the guy in the divison most similar to tyson Fury in style. Differences being Tyson Wright advantage to lean on opponent and that Hughie has a better defence and chin.

6. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Fury definitely needs to stay active. He took some punishment against Wilder, so fighting in December would be unwise. But get him in the ring for March or April, get him sharp.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  7. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    He KO'd Washington inside 5 rounds.
    That's Wilder.

An old Pulev isn't outjabbing Wilder for 12 rounds. He gets sparked out.

8. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Come on mate, Wilder isn't the 17th (at least) best heavyweight in the world :lol:

9. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Even you must admit his resume is pushing only just getting top 10 if that. Then you have talented fighters who haven't got the fights yet but I would back against anyone Wilder has beaten (Ortiz, Spzilka, Washington Duhaupas isn't exactly a high standard).

10. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Wilder still was getting out boxed in the first 4 rounds to Washington just because he had a average jab. Even Spzilka movement caused Wilder all sorts of problem who out boxing him in prior rounds. Duhaupas even managed to bust up Wilder face and caused problem just by putting him in the back foot.l and he's basically the French Dave Allen.

11. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Yep Mitch is probably laughing his absolute a$$ off whilst he's typing his stuff out, he blew his cover for me when he said fury was only 4th best heavy or whatever it was.

He is the perfect parody of a matchroom programmed boxing fan with the breazeale/molina/takam/pulev stuff, HAS to be on the wind up, surely.

12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    I don't know tbh, the fact he goes to such lengths and research/knowledge to justify his outrageous comments rather than just stating them makes me think he genuinely believes it.

13. RT7

RT7 Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Smith to be fair is always very complimentary to fury any time he's asked about him, his idiotic sidekick on the other hand....

Oneirokritis, Safin and moog like this.
  14. RT7

RT7 Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    100% mate I felt stupid for replying when I looked back through them last night. "Fury needs more wins to be considered above Whyte" was the clincher for me

caine, Oneirokritis, Safin and 2 others like this.
  15. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Yes people are wrong to say wilder is crap but it's perfectly reasonable for someone to have fury as the best heavyweight and wholeheartedly believe wilder is overrated.

Oneirokritis and moog like this.