Adam Smith gone?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Nov 24, 2022.

1. BrokerNYC

BrokerNYC Nottingham Full Member

Feb 8, 2021
    Hope he gets the help he needs, his voice was made for commentating..

2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I meant him being interviewed

3. littlebrain

littlebrain Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
    His reaction in New York when Joshua went down may have been the reaction of a man who done his conkers on a cert.

Macklin's 'Shaky Legs Adam' was perhaps a reference to Smith and not Joshua.

Glenn McKrory and impacted like this.
  4. morrie21

morrie21 Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Journalism code of ethics. Not supposed to bet on events that they are covering.

If the gambling thing is accurate then I hope the man gets the help he needs. It's a terrible addiction and is rife in modern society. Bookies in years to come will be like tobacco is now.

5. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I really like him I’m quite surprised reading the negative comments on here about him.

if he’s gambling I can’t see how that would matter. Bookies won’t make someone a favorite based on a commentator. They have in house experts setting the price.

6. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    So did I. When he's on a channel such as Boxing Social they'll ask "what do you think about Matchroom's next show" and you'll get the potted history of how he loves Eddie, they're all pals outside work, etc etc, before 5 mins opinion on the show itself. Great for the content producers but you could probably cut out 75% of it.

TBC-ASAP likes this.
  7. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Class response mate. Not biggest fan of his commentary but met him through my work seemed a decent guy and chatted away at time wouldn't wish it on anyone if true

moog, Bob Flaps and Noel857 like this.
  8. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    If someone said ten years ago that at some point there would be an Adam Smith scandal a gambling problem would have ranked pretty low on the potential causes.

The biggest shock here is that it doesn’t relate to Operation Yewtree.

In all seriousness, hope the fella gets the help he needs if this is true.

9. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Crazy to think he's got a gambling problem.

On the surface, it looks like he's happily married, two daughters apparently? probably earning a 6/7 figure salary at Sky, enough to send his kids to private school. Just doesn't tally up that someone like that would need gambling as an escape route.

10. Terry94

Terry94 15-05-20 Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Good riddance, can't stand the nonce.

11. The taff

The taff Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2005
    Bit harsh to be calling him that don't you think? Why is he a nonse ?

Noel857 likes this.
  12. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Based on innuendo and rumour,it really is pathetic

13. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Obviously he’s not one of those, he’s just wound everyone up, myself included, by being terrible at his job. Don’t know of any other occasion where a head of a tv sport has made themselves the chief commentator. For a fella who appears quite odd personality wise, that shows a massive hidden ego. The way he sits out the first couple of fights and then appears like the headline act is ridiculous in the extreme particularly as boxing commentators in the early days of SkySports ( Darke, McCrory, Watt, sometimes Gutteridge ) could work their way through a Don King 7 World Championship fight bill easily enough. His biased, narrative driven words, even more than his annoying voice were enough to made anyone wish there was a commentator off button. Add to that the hypocrisy of banning MTK fighters from the channel but keeping the guy the company was originally named after as his side kick. Finally, the cul-de-sacs he would go down, unable to stop himself ( the bomber one stands out of course ) would have made even Alan Partridge take a long hard look at himself. Whew, is that enough !

Safin and Terry94 like this.
  14. Particle Man

Particle Man Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2019
    This content is protected

Ian Duncan Smith clearly knew about this months ago.

BXNG101, asweetscience and rezzer like this.
  15. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Hahahah, that’s a bit personal from the t*** p****.

Glenn McKrory likes this.