Adam Smith needs to replace himself!!!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by smithshaun, Aug 23, 2020.

1. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    He can't help himself but hype absolutely everything up, he can't talk in a voice other than that corporate Sky one he has. Time for a massive shakeup, only way it can happen is Hearn taking Matchroom purely to DAZN. Smith has a stranglehold over all commentary and will for years. He's become absolutely unbearable now, you can't listen to him any longer due to his propaganda and outright bias when calling a fight.

I think he's a man-child, he's never grown up and is over-excited by everything.

2. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Excellent post. I'm starting to believe that Hearn is going to DAZN in the UK. In their current situation its the only way DAZN can drive subscriptions. Surely they would have done a deal by now, it ends in June. I think Hearn would like to keep Sky as his ppv arm with normal shiws on DAZN. Maybe it is all a bluff to get Sky to up the price, who knows ? Getting rid of Smith would be worth every penny. ( why did he keep calling Shay Neary ' Jimmy ' when no one ever called him that ? )

3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    RED BUTTON OPTION OF NO COMMENTARY.

Or when you buy a PPV you can buy it without any commentary, just the fights and crowd noise.

Brixton Bomber and Holler like this.
  4. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Adam Smith is clearly a protected man. From very high up. I mean, why else have the police never raided his home and confiscated all of his hard drives??

ipitythefool, DirtyOldTown and rezzer like this.
  5. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    He's the most dangerous man in boxing.

6. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Nick Halling on the global feed of DAZN seems like an upgrade at this point.

7. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    I wish Smith was on DAZN. I find the bias pretty entertaining and funny and he does have good voice and passion for the game.

8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The commentary during the Pudding Whyte v Pedvetkin fight was sensational.

At the end of a round where Pedvetkin was looking like he is struggling to even stand up, Smith roars 'Povetkin is looking dangerous' when he was looking totally exhausted like Big Dave Price v Tony Thompson.

He simply will not commentate on what is actually happening in the ring and sticks to his predetermined agenda and rehearsed lines.

9. BigCal94

BigCal94 Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Thought Smith was horrendous yet again last night.

The Courtenay Bridges fight he never once called any of Bridges shots, if you watched with your eyes closed you’d think it was a 10 round beat down. And this constant repeating of his storied phrases drives me insane “Turned her life around” must have been used 20 times during the fight...

I genuinely don’t think there is worse commentator in any sport than Smith... and the best part is, he hires himself!!

Guru88, rezzer, Gatekeeper and 4 others like this.
  10. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The only way he goes, is if Hearn leaves Sky and then they have a real shake up in the boxing department.

Other than that, he will be there for as long as he likes.

Brixton Bomber, Gatekeeper and kojak like this.
  11. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    He won't be going anywhere, he's an idiot and they absolutely adore idiots at Sky.

12. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Both Smith and Hearn, particularly Smith, have what must be among the cushiest jobs in the entire world.

Smith and Hearn are essentially veteran salesmen, who have already formulated all of the various things a boxing salesman can say, and are now (and have been for some time) enjoying the fruits of their "labour" by regurgitating the same old claptrap that they will spew for the rest of their very long careers.

And the funny thing is, it works a treat. All of the YouTube comments sections are filled full of love for both of them.

It does make for some amusing discussion on this forum, at least.

"A family man who comes to fight in his last chance saloon" and the like will be said for many more generations to come.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  13. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Not towards Adam Smith, the guy receives negative comments about his commentary on Instagram, Twitter and Youtube as well.

14. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Once I've got past the usual comments joking about basements and things like that, I've noticed that he gets a lot of love. When he did the darts recently, fans were calling on Barry Hearn to get him more work on the darts.

15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I liked Smith back in the day when he did the post fight interviews and small British shows with Jim Watt to give the professionals Ian Darke and Glen McCrory a night off but how that idiot became head of boxing at Sky I do not know. So, so far out of his depth.

Guru88, Safin and Brixton Bomber like this.