Adrien Broner losing to Maidana is the worst thing to happen to boxing this decade

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by fcb1068, Sep 12, 2020.

1. fcb1068

fcb1068 Active Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2012
    After the Mayweather/Pacquiao era boxing has no superstar. Broner would have been the natural successor to Floyd/Manny. Then he got embarrassed by Maidana. What did Maidana do? Fight Floyd twice and retire at the prime age of 32. Maidana took the only hope of Boxing drawing a mainstream audience, ran off with his money, and gave nothing back to the sport. Where as Broner continued giving back to the sport with his hilarious antics (ask Manny, I've never seen Pacquiao laugh so much in a fight press conference before), but the jokes and clowning didn't have the same spark. Broner has more Charisma than Tyson Fury, yet the same people who love Fury for his "charisma" chastise Broner, and enjoyed watching him lose to Maidana.

The most popular fighter in our sport waited in his changing room for a UFC fight to finish before he could make his ring entrance. That is the state of boxing today, when the sport has no superstar. An old washed up boxer announces an exhibition, and he is the biggest draw in the sport. In an alternate reality Broner beats or never fights Maidana, and boxing is still pulling a million plus pay per views every time Broner fights. Only the resurgence of the heavy weights is keeping boxing somewhat in the minds of the casual fans.

POTUS and pacas like this.
  2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Are you trying to pull a MVC? :dunno

3. radupidu

radupidu Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Lol Broner beating Chino wouldnt have changed anything, he would've lost to Thurman, Spence D Garcia and he did lose to Pac Porter so ?

Are you trolling or just you dont understand boxing that much

ideafix12, Jamzy ⭐, Badbot and 3 others like this.
  4. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
  5. fcb1068

Aug 16, 2012
    Lol MVC's rap sheet is too long. I have ways to go.

Faceplant and George Crowcroft like this.
  6. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    This post brought to you by MVC.

941Jeremy, Badbot, vast and 7 others like this.
  7. fcb1068

Aug 16, 2012
    I've been watching boxing too long to not understand it. Styles make fights. He lost to those guys after Maidana took his soul. An undefeated fighter is a different breed, an undefeated Broner before 147 lbs especially, looked more spectacular than Spence, Thurman, Garcia. Maidana might just be Broner's kryptonite, forget the Ponce de Leon blip.

8. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I actually had to check this wasn't an MVC post. :lol: Has his M.O. written all over it.

Badbot, Wizbit1013, boxfap and 6 others like this.
  9. christpuncher

christpuncher Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    Broner has no charisma at all, he's a petulant child.
    Maidana is a real boxer and smashed that moron up lovely.
    If he was the next superstar he wouldn't have lost, or, he would have bounced back.

ideafix12, vast, boxfap and 4 others like this.
  10. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    This doesn’t make any sense..... at all

boxfap likes this.
  11. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    He also lost to Daniel Ponce De Leon but was gifted the fight.

Maybe DPDL took his soul.

ideafix12, Jackman65 and boxfap like this.
  12. Faceplant

Faceplant Lucky Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Broner had already been exposed as a deeply limited fighter in several fights before that one. This hilarious beat down was one of the true fist pumping feel good highlights of the decade. I will be chuckling over Broner pushing an imaginary shopping cart out the stadium into old age.

13. radupidu

radupidu Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Lol what soul ? Broner never had any plus he is very limited technically and would always lose decisions to top dogs

Jackman65 and boxfap like this.
  14. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Broner was a hype job, Floyd Jr. (just as low class and ghetto, but without the talent) before the fight and afterwards. Chino gave him a humiliating beat down that most boxing fans enjoyed watching. It’s one of my favorite fights to watch, even the highlights give me a smile.
    Seeing Broner clowning around and acting like a punk, and getting knocked around by a guy he expected to beat was a thing for f beauty.

15. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Broner didn`t have the talent t be a superstar and would never have been a global superstar, too irritating, at least Fury makes a bit of sense, Broner was an idiot.

KidGalahad likes this.