Adrien Jerome Broner could have reached Money's lvl, he had similar lvls of talent.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MVC!, Jun 29, 2018.

1. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Ask yourself Where would Floyd be without the NSAC, Vegas boxing & USADA covering his ass ?? He;d have FOUR losses at least on his record

2. Wasteman

Wasteman Certified Wasteman Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Stylistically speaking there are some vague similarities which have culminated in him appearing to mirror Floyd in the past but only for very brief spells during those bouts. The difference is this: Floyd was great all the time whereas Broner is only great in short spells and this is because he simply doesn't possess the same measure of raw talent which Floyd brings to the ring. Broner should now look to imitate Floyd less and work on adopting and then developing the appropriate style for his current level of talent, ideally exploiting his strengths whilst also increasing his defensive capacities.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    So you're telling us that your boy Floyd only has Broner level talent

lepinthehood and mirkofilipovic like this.
  4. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    All 100% m/max ...couple that with a complete boxing family packed wit talent...Roger & like him or not Floyd Snr was up there & Jeff...no he has had all the advantage his fam's genes can give him...so in that light I guess Paqman & Broner ain't too bad seeing as they didn't have those advantages ? In his early days Floyd Jnr aka Pretty Boy was magic & quicksilver all in one ...his Money dayzzzz ain't so hot IMO....I like the family tho

5. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Every time I see this thread I think it reads "IVs"; I actually think MVC did this on purpose to promote comments.

Robney likes this.
  6. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Broner footwork is really poor at the level he fought at, was always going to be a huge detriment along with his low output when he moved to his natural weight.

Thing is he didn't look that great at any point. He lost to Quintana early in his career then was beaten by Ponce De Leon, both of those were gifts but because he had hype they ignored them.

When he moved up he squeezed past a past prime Paulie, was destroyed of Chino, lost eleven rounds to Porter, twelve rounds to Garcia and imo. Lost to Granados as well.

Influx of belts makes his career look better than it was but he's never been an outright number one in any division and has lost wide several times.

Solid contender type and that's what he was always destined for.

iii and Robney like this.
  7. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
  8. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Yes, MVC's quite a subtle troll when he wants to be. He too often goes for the simple sell, though.

9. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Broner has the physical attributes speed quickness hand speed , which will get him by with class a fighter. But with elite fighters broner dosent stand a chance he lacks fluid reflexs and hand eye cordination that allows fighter like floyd to do a pull counter, or loma to step around and counter.

Broner quit smokin dat shizit. Yo mind is twisted

10. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    He's just a counter puncher with a big mouth & a paltry output, his work rate is laughable because at WW he'd probably gas if he stepped on it a bit... His footwork is pretty static too. He trys to imitate Floyd but he doesn't have the Ring IQ to get close to that level... He's a disrespectful, low IQ street rat who has no ability to adapt! His fan base are a joke :lol:

A 40 year old PAC who probably lands about 25% of his shots these days & who flails in windmill style, lacking the power of old still embarrassed him almost as bad as Fury did to Wilder! We wuz a 4 weight champ doe

LeftRightDownThePipe likes this.
  11. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Nah I don’t see that at all .... he can’t carry Floyd’s jock

12. LeftRightDownThePipe

LeftRightDownThePipe Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Hahahahaha!! :lol:

Soo glad Manny schooled that POS.

Liquorice likes this.
  13. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    He was very talented for 130 and 135. He should just now be moving up to 140 pounds. I favored Broner over Crawford at 135. I'd favor that Broner, over Lomachenko as well. Fame, and bull**** got to his head though. He moved up in weight far too fast, where his advantages, and talent, became nullified by bigger, stronger, guys.