After bout Analysis of Mayweather vs McGregor

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Flatlander, Aug 27, 2017.

Was Mayweather Hurt By Conor's Body Shot At The Start Of The 9th?

1. Yes. It's Obvious.

35 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. No. Floyd Was Just ACTING

51 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Electrifying.. Hmm, you think? It looked what it was always going to look, a novice fighting a 40 year old retired fighter... It was pish poor!

Folk won't be talking more about the upcoming GGG fight unfortunately. this upcoming proper boxing match hasn't been hyped in the mainstream as much as
    This latest farce was... Nowhere near!

Good for boxing how? Folk got sucked in to Watching a complete novice fight a retired 40 year old, promoting it to death with tours and numerous promotion tactics. Turning it into a wwe style affair.. meh!

Yes,it got a lot of people's attention but not for the right reasons or best interest of boxing. It was about nothing but promoting a crossover fight for sucking in the casual and substantially padding a few folks bank accounts, and it worked a charm. It does nothing for the game...

DKD, PIRA, Brighton bomber and 2 others like this.
  2. Lady Girl

Lady Girl Kneel Before Zod! Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    he got schooled by an mma fighter

he was lucky conor gassed

ha

Phelps-Brady and pacas like this.
  3. boxerfan13

boxerfan13 Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    He's 40 years old. He told us what would happen and it happened. It was a good fight. Glad it's over.

4. Flatlander

Flatlander Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2005
    I didn't see anyone getting schooled but McGregor is lucky Floyd is 40 years old.

Ronnie Raygun likes this.
  5. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Floyd carried McGregor for the 1st 3 rounds. Made the fight look competative. Did not embarras McGregor and still got the KO. So obvious. Floyd just covered up and gave McGregor a target. In his 49 previous fights, Floyd never fought this way. With one of the best jabs in the sport, he hardly used it.

6. Vince Voltage

Vince Voltage Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I thought the whole evening was a total blast. I watched the fight at a bar with total strangers. We had a great time.

Conor made a real fight of it and can be proud. Floyd had more trouble than expected, but he was fighting a young guy with significant height, weight, and reach on him. Nevertheless, he never lost composure and ultimately showed he knew how to use 12 rounds in a way that McGregor couldn't. I think people should stop complaining and appreciate what was a ****ing good time.

7. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004

WTF is wrong with the water in Queens to make you come up with that statement?

Floyd hadn't KO'd anyone in what? 7 years? And he promised a KO. He took a couple rounds to figure out
    his opponents weaknesses then proceeded to take advantage of those weaknesses and to break him down.
    If he was a HW ok maybe a 1st round KO was in order but not for a man outweighed by 20 pounds, 13 years younger and after a two year layoff.

8. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    People get stuck on hearing and repeating the same bs until it becomes real to them. Instead of researching and finding out what the truth is, they blinding follow the cliché rantings of haters and dam fools. Floyd has always been tough and not afraid to mix it up. You don't have to believe that, go back and watch all his fights. Nothing soft about Floyd and it never has been.

9. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Hey CG .. You need to watch the post fight interview. Floyd clearly explains him and his dad's game plan and strategy for the fight which Floyd executed perfectly without basically even breaking a sweat. Floyd was completely non active rounds 1-3 letting Connor dominate the rounds while expending most of his energy. Floyd knew he wasn't in top "boxing" shape so he let him blow his load. You have to remember this was one of the best of our generation against someone with no boxing ring experience. COMPLETELY different than pro boxer against pro boxer in a title fight. Totally different calls for totally different game plan and strategy. The complete SAD thing about the fight was the judging. Boxing needs to address this because he has become atrocious in the last 20 years plus. 2 out of 3 judges scored rounds 2 and 3 for Mayweather. Really? Why? To protect boxing's name against a newcomer to the sport? Or is it just that they are not qualified to score the sport they are being paid to decide? I know it's hypothetical, but if the fight did go the distance and to the scorecards, Connor had no chance of winning even before he entered the ring. That is completely NOT FAIR and a disgrace for boxing. My opinion but stuff like that matters to me. Thank God Moretti got it right but that is still only 1 out of 3

10. SOUTHERMOST

SOUTHERMOST Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 24, 2006
    I enjoyed the show paid $20 in a Sport bar plus some drinks was worthy great vibe always good to be part of Floyd last fight.

11. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    return to mma or continue boxing.

mma possible fights- diaz 3 or khabib

boxing- malignaggi

If mcgregor is smart he will fight malignaggi in a 10 rounder and make more money and take less punishment. Get more experience.

Gerushio and Baneofthegame like this.
  12. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Once Floyd felt Connors punches were getting weaker and not like the powerful punches of the boxers he fought before, Floyd started to come forward as Connor was backing up due to Floyds more telling punches. It was then Floyd knew he could knock Connor out and he didn't even have to put up his best defensive display. Kind of like when you want to get to a certain part of a book, you just flip through the pages to get to it, thats what Floyd was up to when he was walking towards Connors 'off the back foot' powerless punches. Don't get me wrong Connors got some power but he doesn't have the boxing stamina to produce that power punch throughout the rounds with a Floyd Mayweather. It was just a matter of time after the 5th round for me. I knew Floyd had it before the fight but even more so after the 5th round.

Staminakills and manex like this.
  13. JasonHensley

JasonHensley Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2008
    I'm not sure what his plan will be, but I'd be willing to bet Mayweather has pretty much derailed is career. He took a beating.

Staminakills likes this.
  14. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Beating? guy took limited punishment. wtf you talking bout? Guy had zero boxing experience and never was hurt in the fight. I can garuntee you khabib or diaz do more damage then malignaggi does and he will make more money boxing. Use your head.

15. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    mcgregor was never hurt but i did see mayweather hurt by a legit bodyshot.