After bout Analysis of Mayweather vs McGregor

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Flatlander, Aug 27, 2017.

Was Mayweather Hurt By Conor's Body Shot At The Start Of The 9th?

1. Yes. It's Obvious.

35 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. No. Floyd Was Just ACTING

51 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Conor was only in the fight because maywearher allowed it, he knew wiping the guy out would cause outrage so gave away a few rounds. It just wasn't a real fight and floyed shouldn't be 50-0. They should have been honest and said what it was, an exhibition. But guess it doesn't matter, a lot of people have actually swallowed the bull and believe it was a real contest anyway.

Floyd could have pummelled him in round one, that's the reality. there's no "Conor was awkward" rubbish, he was in their with an all timer, face the reality that floyd let him have a few rounds for the sake of entertainment then ended it when he wanted to.

2. JeremyCorbyn

JeremyCorbyn Active Member Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Yeah, at least if you are going to put your arms behind your back to showboat, do it when your opponent is within range, otherwise what is the point? I'd give a bit of respect for that. But his braindead fans lap it up all the same.

Staminakills and Str8ryte like this.
  3. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Not only that, that rolling around on the group crap is BORING. Once these fights hit the ground, it's like watching paint dry.

Str8ryte and manex like this.
  4. LitoCandela

LitoCandela Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Man this fight was special. It wasn't a high tech fight per say, but I loved seeing boxing being pushed to the limit. We have, well I have never, seen a world class boxer vs a world class mma fighter in a boxing match. It was beautiful to see. Mcgregor came to fight. He applied his knowledge well. I never seen Mayweather deal with so much discomfort while being attacked from so many angles. yes I've seen Maidana pressure Floyd constantly, but Mcgregor was not only a lot bigger than Floyd but he didn't anyways attack in a straight line as most boxers would. That along with holding Floyd's head down, hammer fist, awkward turns, back punches and awkward clinches gave Floyd a puzzle we have never seen him solve till now. It was awesome seeing him apply different styles to deal with his opponent to eventually seeing him attack like we haven't seen him do in years. I liked seeing Mcgregor deal with pressure and how he handled defense (there was none lol). Great fight. The only complain I have is how early the ref stopped it. This man is a MMA fighter. In a mma fight he would have gotten ktfo. He should have had till the end of the round at least. Both fighters won that night. As did boxing and mma. This is why they fight the fights ladies.

Str8ryte and Wild Eye like this.
  5. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm asking you a serious question, are you an idiot?

Str8ryte and shortlefthook like this.
  6. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    The philosophy of boxing is the sweet science of learning to hit and not be hit.

The philosophy of MMA is simply maul and brawl like a pack of dogs on all fours.

7. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    The great Socrates once declared ''When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser''

8. 3rdegree

Aug 23, 2014
    This isn't a debate or slanderous,lol,it's a conclusion.

9. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    That was the easiest fight of Mayweather's career. Despite being 40 years old, retired for 2 years and his timing and movement gone, he still comfortably carried a much bigger, taller, younger athlete for 10 rounds before putting him out of his misery.

Anyone who thinks the ref was wrong in stopping that has probably been hit too many times around the head themselves. The way he stepped in and stopped that beating showed our sport off in the best possible light in my opinion. We don't need to see someone suffer a brain injury for a minority's viewing pleasure.

In my opinion, McGregor showed a disrespect for boxing in his lack of decent preparation. He wasn't willing to learn the sport which was exemplified in his lack of top quality sparring partners and was happy to have non-boxing people tell him how fantastic he was.

I don't like MMA personally, I think it's a 'jack of all trades master of none' kind of fighting but each to their own, they are undoubtedly top athletes.

Thank god the circus is over & hopefully we'll see the anti-boxing posters that have been prevalent on this site these past few months, disappear.

10. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    1st let's get some factsleep
    1st let's get some facts straight. The term Martial Arts usually means empty hands, though it's now used for Asian fighting styles /systems, it was originally used for old European fighting styles between 1400 and 1500 AD. Also it can be traced all the way back to the Greeks and the Egyptians before the turn of the Millennium. Fact#2 most of your major College's in America had boxing programs in the early 20th century. So maybe more of the successful fighters came from the "worst class" (your words)of society and were more successful because it was their only way out. Many of the privileged were boxing also. But for them, they had other ways they could be successful. So to generalize boxing and the Asian fighting styles, and the people involved in the sports is way off base and wrong. Some of the worst atrocities in history were committed by men following and and perverting the Boshido code. And not very long ago.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Staminakills likes this.
  11. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    All I can say to that is you were fooled. You really believe an all time great was in discomfort against a zero fight novice? Floyed could have decoded the brilliant mcgregor game plan in about 4 seconds if he was that way inclined

Staminakills and Str8ryte like this.
  12. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Conor's fans are like Trump supporters. It's like a cult where Conor/Trump are the God figures. Anything either of these two men say or do no matter how stupid, moronic and humiliating they will make excuses and attempt to justify it.

You simply can't reason with these kind of people, for they are spellbound.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  13. 3rdegree

Aug 23, 2014
    You simply have it backwards.

14. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    He had no respect for his power or ability to hurt him in general and didn't want to disappoint the fans so he walked him down in straight lines. Never circle him once. Get your head out of your ass and better yet get connors balls out of your throats and stop celebrating a ko loss as a moral victory

15. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Didn't watch did not pay for did not give a *****
    Dana said it easy does four mill ppv buys I'm waiting