After rewatching Fury v Wlad

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Apr 26, 2017.

1. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Why would I be a fan of him? What is their to like about him?

It's a very good win when you look at it on paper, where did I say it wasn't?

I just don't rate Fury as a fighter and think he has gaping holes in his game such as clumsy footwork, poor technique, questionable chin (all which have been shown throughout his career) which would have been taken advantage of by other world level fighters had he stuck around, he is not the invincible boxing god you seem to think he is, maybe I underrate him, I'm willing to concede that, but you definitely overrate him. If by thinking this along with the fact he is a complete liar & con man make me a "hater" then so be it.

S.K and N17 like this.
  2. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Why would you watch that fight more than once? You need to have a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself is this what life is about, watching fury vs wk again. You have let your family down, you have let your friends down but most importantly you have let yourself down.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    mcvey, S.K and N17 like this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Nothing's clear.
    You probably said Wladimir would knock out Fury too.
    Chisora's a decent heavyweight and Fury toyed with him in the second fight.
    Chisora's as good as any of those bums AJ has been knocking over.
    Chisora wasn't finished in 2014, he was on a winning streak and many tipped him to beat Fury, and he was at least expected to make a far better and competitive showing.

Fury improved tremendously over his career. Showing improvements is part of the game. So dragging up past fights as evidence is kind of silly. The two fights prior to the Klitschko fight he dominated too.

Buster Douglas fell off badly but he lost the world title to prime Evander Holyfield. That's not too shabby.

You must hate the fact that Tyson Fury is undefeated and has the better win on his record than any of the current heavyweights.

Skeletor likes this.
  4. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Why would I hate the fact he's undefeated? Makes no difference to me whether he's undefeated or picks up 30 losses should he ever make a return. I just don't rate him as highly as some clearly do. It's like asking you if you hate the fact AJ is undefeated? Pretty sure if you are sane you would have no feelings about it, and it wouldn't change whether you do/don't rate him.

mcvey and S.K like this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Well, maybe I'm mistaken but the the fact that you're telling yourself "it is clear" that Tyson Fury would have lost to X, Y or Z had he hung around suggests you'll looking to put hypothetical losses on him to emphasize a point.

The fact is he is undefeated in 25 fights and defeated the # 1 heavyweight on the planet very clearly when naysayers said he couldn't or wouldn't (myself among them). He's done nothing since. So nothing's clear it regards to what would have happened had he fought since. It's not worth talking about.

Fury doesn't deserve to be credited with wins he didn't stick around to achieve but nor does he deserve to be portrayed as someone who slipped away because he was on the brink of getting beat.
    To his discredit he hasn't had the motivation or commitment to enter the ring since 2015, but to his credit he hasn't entered the ring in shabby embarrasing condition since then either.

Fair enough if you don't rate him. But even the lowest assessment of his accomplishments and performances puts him above well-hyped Brits David Haye and Anythony Joshua currently, although they both still have time to overtake him (AJ certainly has, Haye is highly unlikely but possible in theory).
    Even his biggest critics should recognize his accomplishments.

Skeletor likes this.
  6. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I personally love Fury for many reasons. IMO he brought huge excitement back to the heavyweight division with his antics outside of the ring and the fact he dethroned the allegedly unbeatable king after ten years of pure dominance.

I find his interviews hilarious, likewise his tweets. The man serenades his opponents for God sake, how can anyone not enjoy that? He's off the wall bat **** crazy which are my favorite type of people and I think he's a really nice guy if you listen to what people who know him actually have to say about him. Deep down I think he's a big softy who just wants to be loved and appreciated.

I understand some of his views on life are controversial but he's basically just reciting the Bible which is a big part of the travelling community upbringing - A tough upbringing at that. Tyson didn't make up these ideologies, they were bred into him so I can let it go. He's a boxer for God sake, not the Prime Minister. Who cares about his beliefs?

And last but not least I love watching him box. The chap is 6 foot 9, 250 odd pounds but moves like a super middleweight. Great footwork, great jab, great head movement, good speed for a big man and good punch variety. He's a freak of nature.

You keep outlining flaws in his boxing ability but do you realise he was just 24 fighting Steve Cunningham? He's been flawless in the ring since then with Peter in his corner. He turned professional at like 21 or younger and learned his trade in the ring while remaining undefeated. Any chinks in the armour he ironed out before putting together several quality displays of boxing, culminating in going to Germany at just 27 and beating an ATG on a ten year win streak. Incredible achievement.

Skeletor and Legend X like this.
  7. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Yeah, I can't understand why people hate Fury so much either. He seems like a decent enough man. Is very approachable and has lovely wife and kids who he dotes on. He's a big kid himself really.
    He may not be everyone's cup of tea but I don't get the hate and vitriol some express towards him.

But then again, many (perhaps not all) of the critics on this forum let slip the occasional "joke" about hedgehog-eating gypsies, caravans, and use words such as "tribe" and "scum" when discussing his family connections, so I wouldn't underestimate the levels of prejudice out there.
    Likewise, there are obvious racists on this forum who have a problem with asians, pakistanis, muslims or black people too. Sad really.

8. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    It's not a prejudice to judge someone for torturing animals.

9. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Okay, I must have missed the part where people say they hate Fury for torturing animals.

10. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It is the classic young Lion v old Lion....2 scenarios can happen imo?
    1..Vlad old mans AJ...jabs,clinches,frustrates.takes him places he has not been before.
    2..AJ uses his absolute incredible power to blast the old fella away..

number 2 for me.....i think like everyone else AJ has starched,his power will just hurt too much

11. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    That is one of many reasons they are referred to as scum.

You worded your post as though people refer to them as scum because they are travellers, which is false. It's actually nothing to do with that. It's how they act, what they do etc.

I'm a fan of both btw.

12. Celestial gold

Celestial gold Member banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Legend x f##k off and eat a hedgehog

13. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Fury confused Wlad with angles and movement. Wlad did not get the chance to plant his feet. Fury was always moving.

Jennings was on the back step.

Neither came forward. Joshua does.

14. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    One of the worst 'fights' I've ever seen.

Great achievement by Fury though.

Hopefully AJ wins on Sat (Wlad by KO is my pick).

I want Fury, Wilder, AJ and Parker in a round robin for all the belts.