After Wladimir Klitschko fights 5 more times, where will this leave him in the ATG?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by SmokinJoe10, Jul 21, 2015.

1. RazorbackBoxing

RazorbackBoxing Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Lewis has been sparked by lesser hw than Sanders.

Also you didnt answer what was lewis's best win? The rahman rematch was nice to bad he wanted absolutely no part of a klitschko rematch.

Wlad is bigger, better jab, better left hook, better athlete, more power and a better chin.

2. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Do not forget Schulz, he was robbed of the belt by Foreman, and lost a split decision to Botha, Botha was roided to the gills. Schulz would have been a champion had he not been screwed twice.

3. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Uh, no that's really not fair. He's fairly indisputably top 10 now. If he does that, and I would agree, that's a not inconsequential "if", there's not a logic centered argument that wouldn't have him in top 5. Assuming he does that, he will have unified (never done before at HW with this many belts) broken the overall successful HW title defense mark. If he does that, it probably won't be hard to pick up two more wins to set the time and consecutive title mark. That is a level of dominance never seen before.

Subjective, "poor era" arguments and bringing up fighters he lost to before he got his act together only gets you so far. I'd say its reasonable to knock him down from #1, which should be his default position with that level of dominance, to #3, maybe even 5 for people who just can't stand him. It's actually laughable, though, to say as you do that someone who has the record for title defenses and time as champ, along with all his other assets, only barely edges into the top 10.

4. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Agree with most of this, but Lewis had a better chin. Both Wlad and Lewis had underrated chins, but Lewis's is extremely underrated. People rightly credited Vitali with a great chin for standing up after Lewis's onslaught. But Lewis was taking hard shots from Vitali too, and a lot more of them than Vitali took, and he never went down either.

5. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    People need to realize Wlad is a living legend. Right here in front of us. Its like when people were ridiculing Lewis, or Holmes, or Ali during their active time.

6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    How did you come to that conclusion:huh

MaCall would have beaten Sanders and Rahman knocked out a better version of Sanders than the one shackled Wlad in Two.

7. likeafire

likeafire Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2014
    When Fury beats him, it'll be interesting to see where he goes from there. Maybe a rematch and get beat again, that'll still leave 3 more fights I believe

8. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Living legends don't cheat, foul and fight like cowards.

9. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    There are actually a lot of guys who could go on the list. My point is that Wlad did dominate during a weak era, but dominated for so long that he has still managed to put together a record that is stellar by any standards.

The Leapai and Pianeta types are the exception.

10. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Wlad to me remains a curious case. He has tremendous ability yet is not a natural fighter like his brother is.
    He has had an amazingly dominant run with almost no highlights one would remember.
    He is head and shoulders clear of anyone in this era yet in the 90's would have struggled to sustain any decent run.

11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    You realise Sanders was knocked out by Rahman right?

You just owned yourself with your own post :patsch:patsch:rofl:rofl

12. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This is a mandatory defense. Fury won't have to grant Wlad a rematch.

13. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Weak era my a** :lol: Dempsey would probably have been Knocked out by Kovalev, they are about the same size anyways :good

14. likeafire

likeafire Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2014

Fury will probably want to put another beat down on him

15. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Well, yes, a lot of those former "great" champions would be crusiers and fighting cruisers. I'll do you one better and say that I can see no scenario in which even our cruiser champs would be getting knocked down by fat talentless thugs like Tony Galento. Athletes have evolved and in an absolute sense, Wladdy is fighting some of the best ever.

Really what I mean is that most of the guys in this era would not have been able to compete in the 90s or 70's, with the exception of Byrd, Povetkin, Chagaev, etc.

By the way, I think this era is much, much better than pre-Tyson 80s. Wladdy sure isn't running screaming from fat drug addicts like loudmouth Larry did against Page and Thomas.

We are on the same side so I am not going to argue it too much. The bottom line is that Wlad's record now dwarfs that of most so called "greats," even though it took him some time to put it together.