ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by boxingcar, Aug 18, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    hope this isn't true...

Rumourmill: Fedor Emelianenko to Sign with Hero's
    Date submitted: 17 August 2007
    Author: Tom Parkes
    -->
    This content is protected

Rumous have been flying around the internet that Fedor Emelianenko has signed a contract for five fights with the Hero's organisation in Japan, worth an estimated $5,000,000 ($1,000,000 per fight).

Such a signing is indeed possible for Hero's, which is backed by the mighty K-1 organisation - the Worlds largest Mixed Martial Arts events organisers - yes bigger even than the UFC. K-1 typically get 40,000 - 50,000 live spectators at their largest events in Japan, and their events are screened live on terrestrial television to millions of loyal Japanese fans.

Hero's was introduced in 2005 and has become an immediate success story - already drawing crowds of 10,000 - 15,000 per event (putting it at the same level as the UFC in the USA, who's highest ever live attendance was 17,000, but typically draw 10,000 - 14,000 per event).

There has been a gap in the Japanese market for the past few months, since Pride was taken over by the UFC and all Pride events stopped in Japan. Hero's has been quick to step in and fill this void and is currently signing top International A-Class fighters such as Alistair Overeem, and it seems reasonable to assume that Hero's realise the drawing power of having Fedor on their event and such a move would immediately raise their stake in the International MMA market.

The UFC have previously been in talks with Fedor, but were unable to come to an agreement, for reasons that neither party were overtly eager to disclose. After several months, it seems that maybe a UFC deal is not on the cards.

Nothing has been confirmed by either Hero's or Fedor Emelianenko's management as of yet, but it seems highly likely that this is a rumour which could be very well founded. Keep your eyes peeled.

2. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Whats the best way of seeing heroes in Britain. I've caught k-1 on eurosport and it is very good but I have only seen parts of the show on the internet but it is not the same as watching on tv.

3. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Yep...K-1 was left a power vacuum when Pride was eliminated, and since the UFC didn't create a "shinsei" Pride it was likely that something like this would happen.

I wonder if we're doomed to a K-1 vs. UFC rivalry similar to the previous Pride vs. UFC rivalry...where fans of both sides are unable to see the matchups they want.

4. nervousxtian

nervousxtian Trolljegeren Full Member

Aug 6, 2005
    K-1 is a joke at times, they actively fixed fights in the past.

5. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    that's just great, who's he going to fight? hopefully he ups his competition from a middleweight like Lindlund. Prob fight Japenese wrestlers. Anybody know why he didn't sign with the UFC?

6. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    If Barnett goes there too...it would be great imo.
    if K1 can add more talents to their hw division , why not?...

but yeah , i'd rather see fedor in the ufc at the moment..

7. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    From what i've read Fedor's demands are mainly based on his ability to promote the sport in Russia. He didn't care about the most lucrative deal which was given by UFC. He wanted to be able to participate in 'Sambo tournaments, he wanted a UFC show in Russia, he wanted fighters from "Red Devil" team to get a crack at UFC. I dunno if all these demands are true but the way UFC negotiated was "Here's our proposition, call us when you accept it." The 5mil deal from k1 was on the table for quite some time and its not news. He was in negotiations with orgs for the things above.

Everyone wants to see Fedor in UFC, but i dont think it will happen.

8. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    This will hurt his legacy. I understand he wants money but being money minded comes at a sacrifice. See Roy Jones in boxing as an example.

9. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Wh will his main match up's be against in that org? Anyone we should look out for?

10. ufoalf

Jan 18, 2007
    You have no clue do you?

11. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Why do you say that?

12. ufoalf

Jan 18, 2007
    Read my post above yours. It has nothing to do with the amount of money.

13. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    This is ****ing bull****, what a let down. Instead of Fedor vs Couture for the unified belt, we get Fedor vs *****-Chest with an undercard reviving the christian vs lion rivalry with Bobby Ologun being special guest ref.

14. ufoalf

Jan 18, 2007
    Barnette might sign with Hero's too so we might see a good fight.

15. jsalerno

jsalerno Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2006

starts with 'M' ends in 'Y' and in the middle is 'ONE'