AJ calls Lennox Lewis a 'Clown'

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Townsend, Aug 15, 2019.

1. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Either AJ's head is properly gone or he's been encouraged to say this to direct attention away from other Matchroom affairs...

2. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    He might have just had enough of Lewis. He's got a lot to say about Joshua and it's no doubt a lot easier to snap back at these things when things aren't going well.

Lewis trying to claim that people are trying to set him and Joshua against each other is hilarious - Lewis continually criticises and belittles him over a number of years and then acts like it's some big conspiracy when Joshua finally responds to him. If anything Matchroom have told him to ignore Lennox for the past few years as they'd worry about the AJ nice guy mask slipping.

I'm also a person who rates LL the best heavyweight ever H2H so it's not like I dislike him as a fighter.

3. Smokin Bert

Smokin Bert Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Why would you "presume" that? Although I am not saying that I have anywhere near the skill of an Anthony Joshua, I boxed for more than 10 years and have been following boxing for more than 35 years. There is nothing ironic in what I stated. It is time for Joshua to get his **** together and avenge this loss (like Lennox Lewis did), or he will be remembered as more of a belt holder than a true World Heavyweight Champion.

George Crowcroft and 305th like this.
  4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    That is criminal

RulesMakeItInteresting and CST80 like this.
  5. BIGLU

BIGLU Member Full Member

May 28, 2019
    Lennox has been being a ***** for a while now. I think its justified. It's a shame as I am a huge Lennox lewis fan, always have been. I thought he was better than that, hes being very biased as of late and shown no loyalty to as supposed fellow brit.

6. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    It's almost as if he knows there's not going to be a rematch anytime soon. Oh hang on.

7. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    What the f does Lennox Lewis know about boxing anyway? :yaay

CST80 likes this.
  8. Lennono

Lennono New Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Barry Hearn let the cat out the bag, he said they never were going to fight Wilder until 2020 and Lewis was right when he critisced Hearn and Joshua for not making the fight.

CST80 and 305th like this.
  9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    AJ is a punk He got his ass beat down good & has come up with excuse after excuse. He isnt fit to carry Lennox Lewis jock strap let alone insult him by calling him a clown. The Clowns are AJ & Hearn. They thought Ruiz was an easy fight.......WRONG!! He totally embarrassed AJ & systematically destroyed him. Andy is now The World Heavyweight Champion & should be calling the shots NOT Hearn. Hold the rematch at MSG like Ruiz wants & where he'll get an even break. Are you a Man or a mouse AJ ??

305th likes this.
  10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I don't think I've seen Lewis say anything unfair or particularly derogatory toward Joshua. He gets asked a lot of questions about AJ and just seems to answer them earnestly. Maybe I missed some stuff he said whilst my Twitter account was suspended but none of it struck me as being over the top.

CST80 and 305th like this.
  11. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    This fake ass fool keeps running his mouth as usual.

RulesMakeItInteresting and 305th like this.
  12. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Lennox is second only to Ali Period

13. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFLMAO Lennox could probably still beat AJ today

305th likes this.
  14. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Lewis has been making little sly digs about AJ for ages and constantly underplaying his achievements. Was Lewis a better boxer? Yes. Is this relevant? Absolutely not.

Sugar 88 and Tazz like this.
  15. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Jeez. Boxing forum or gossip column. Is this even thread worthy?!