AJ is going to walk through Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by miniq, Jul 24, 2021.

1. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    Firstly, the idea that Chisora beats AJ in anything other than a fluke is absolutely laughable.

And secondly... There's not much else by which to guage Usyk's potential at heavyweight precisely because he's not been fighting and his best win is old Del.

It's also worth remembering that Usyk had several inches of reach advantage in that fight and still got tagged plenty - against AJ, Usyk will have several inches of deficit in reach, so he's very unlikely to avoid getting hit by something and probably something much fiercer than Del can muster.

Yes, Usyk has some chance against AJ if he can make it too clear to be robbed, but I don't consider that to be too likely personally... I will be astonished if Usyk can KO Joshua and if I'm right about that then he has only a very narrow path to victory.

BoxerToxer likes this.
  2. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    am going with a tko by Usyk around or before 9. Joshua might just walk through him but I am doubting it. Usyk has a higher skill set than Joshua. more well rounded. although....I will be sitting slightly toward the edge of my seat. hope I don't spill my wine.

3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If AJ starts chewing his gumshield on the ring walk I revoke this prediction.

CST80 and gollumsluvslave like this.
  4. The Townsend

The Townsend Zeus. Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Oh absolutely Chisora beating AJ Is a fluke because of how out of control Chisora is.
    Read what I said about mentally destroying AJ.

If Usyk can do that then that takes away AJs strengths. Height, power reach etc.

That Is how he will beat AJ. It has nothing to do with fighting him head on.

BubblesUK and gollumsluvslave like this.
  5. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    Possibly, we'll see... I'm not seeing it turning out that way, but stranger things have happened.

The questions over each fighter are what makes it all so interesting.

Personally I think a lot of people are overemphasizing AJ's weaknesses and sweeping some of the question marks over Usyk under the rug...
    And I get it, because I don't like AJ much and would be quite happy see him lose too, but I'm careful not to let my personal preferences impact my judgement.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  6. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    This content is protected

Surrix likes this.
  7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Everyone with deep interest about CW division does knows that he now is considerably lesser agile, not such sharp and fast like he was in WBSS for Ali Trophy.

Also there is no question mark about thing: mobile mode if not flat footed, Usyk does hit head with considerably lesser 1 punch power than bunch with boxers like Gassiev, Briedis, Dorticos, Durodola, Makabu etc.
    Yeah, he then was very sharp and smart, agile and fast at CW, he managed to outwork and so on.
    All these mentioned here boxers does have more chances to KO AJ with 1-2 punches than Usyk.

If Usyk will KO A.J : it will be glass chin confirmed and certified.

BubblesUK likes this.
  8. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    Agreed.

I tend to think the "glass jaw" angle is slightly overplayed, but if the evidence mounts up then I'll have to reassess - and Usyk doesn't, IMHO, hit hard enough to be knocking out serious heavies.

Surrix, BoxerToxer and Eastern Iron like this.
  9. miniq

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't see how Usyk can stop AJ

260 pound Ruiz clipped him perfectly unsighted and did him over.
    Wlad landed a full bodied right hand
    Whyte landed an unsighted counter left hook that wobbled him.

Usyk likes to break fighters down, I don't see how he can dish out that punishment.

Unless AJ somehow blows his load. AJ can get big roid rage 2nd winds anyway, Wlad fight.

The only non puncher who can and will stop AJ is Fury with constant physical and mental pressure.

BoxerToxer and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  10. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    The ungodly amount of military grade steroids Aj takes most certainly help him in this fight. It's the sad reality but Uysk just has to deal with it. As soon as Joshua gasses after round 2 and his emergency juice kicks in Usyk will be in survival mode because Joshua will be on his roid rampage. Just like he was against Takam and Wladimir

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    BoxerToxer likes this.
  11. BoxerToxer

BoxerToxer Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    I agree with you, AJ will KO Usyk.

But I have to remind you, Parker stunned AJ in round 6, who has similar power as Usyk.

12. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    He doesn't hit enough hard to KO in prime shape real elite cruiserweights.
    However he is very sneaky with his gameplan: for example the same Gassiev for sure had more 1 punch power than Usyk at CW. What Usyk had did? He developed insane workrate, always was mobile and with a glance had used his experience, agility and speed advantage to outwork Gassiev. In short to keep him busy in order not allow him set up properly his own punches all 12 rounds in row. Damn.
    With Briedis ( really barely won this razor close fight ) he demonstrated how he researches his opponents. Most likely he had watched all available videos from his fights, maybe even from am KB fights too.
    He didn't had fall in one cool trap loved by Briedis: to pretend that he fears and steps back till rope to encourage an opponent to create more wide opening and throw wide amplitude power punch to head with intent to drop a guy. That's to get chance land harsh counter and follow this with something.
    Then he didn't fall in some smaller traps and for sure he knew how Briedis hates good movers with excellent jabbing and rapid angles change: more than power punchers who are going for stoppage. With the same clinches too: he didn't had initiated clinch vs Briedis, he loves that someone attempts to clinch him, then he rotates guy a bit and with this guy is tired as in the hell.

Whiterspoon fight actually was worst Usyk's fight from all pro fights I had saw.
    He looks that had a bit improved when had fought vs Chisora.

Usyk even might come in at 217 lbs, 220 lbs, maybe 230 or 233 lbs? maybe even more?

A.J likely should win this one, like 90/10 I think.
    However if he will gas like vs Pulev after 3 rd round it will be game over if Usyk will not be damaged before this.
    Maybe he will box 12 rounds from long distance and keep Usyk at a bay?
    Will see.

BubblesUK likes this.
  13. miniq

Oct 23, 2011
    Ref is always there to help for such occasions. Such is the state of boxing.

14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    There was a moment the had him back up but he was not really stunned

15. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Usyk doesn't sit down on his punches, he does carry good power but he is always on the move so hit punches without much hip involvement. If Usyk decides to sit down on his punches he could finish AJ.

gollumsluvslave and Badbot like this.