AJ knocks Fury out.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Wass1985, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    We all know AJ looked poor in his last bout but more credit should be given to Ruiz, he got up off the floor and survived some monster shots before unleashing his blazing hands and getting the victory.

After watching the highlights of Fury I see no improvement at all and it makes me realise how limited albeit massively powerful Wilder is.

Wallin I feel is better than his rankings say but he's nothing special and he gave Fury a massive headache, the cut was caused by a legitimate punch and will have left a huge amount of scar tissue.

Now AJ is no master boxer but he has decent fundamentals and is a very fast combination puncher. I think Fury's defence is overrated and looked slow and cumbersome in there. He just hasn't got the fire power to deter AJ and isn't quick enough to keep away from him.

I don't think Fury would ever take the fight but if it happens I can only see AJ knocking him out.

GK BOX, Almish, Aydamn and 2 others like this.
  2. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    What's your views.

3. Duscle

Duscle Member banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2019
    If AJ hand the conditioning of Fury or Wilder he will beat Fury but alas AJ is all muscle no stamina

George Crowcroft and POTUS like this.
  4. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    I think a combination of Fury not taking Wallin seriously, and Wallin being better than advertised with the heart of a lion saw him underperform last night. Similar to Joshua against Ruiz, with the cut in round 3 affecting Fury for the rest of the fight like the temple shot affected Joshua.

Both guys had bad nights at the office, but both are still top HWs. Any match up involving Fury, Joshua and Wilder is pretty much 50-50.

5. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Lmao honestly this is a terrible thread. Joshua has no chin and has bad stamina and no boxing skills. Fury is a slick defensive fighter I mean let's stop with that. <<<Example before floyd fought gatti? He got hurt by a right hook from chop chop corley for goodness sake. Defensive great fighters are going to have off nights it happens smh.

6. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Joshua needs to worry about his own chin.. guy just got pasted by a CW sponge pudding.. its HW tho so ye he has a shot..

7. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    He is no slick defensive wizard, just go and watch the fight ffs.

8. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Fury is a real good slick fighter which he show that (when he trains hard) vs wlad and wilder.

9. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Fury showed more heart and courage fighting with a bad cut in comparison to AJ who pussed out against Ruiz

10. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Don't think AJ has the chin to deal with Fury's punches. That is how bad AJ's chin is.

TEAM_LOMA and CST80 like this.
  11. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Hard not predict any of of the top punchers who have more tecnical abillity and ring IQ than Wilder (doesnt say much) to KO Tyson Fury. Would have to back Ruiz, AJ, Whyte, Usyk, Povetkin, Parker, Hunter, Joyce, Hrgovic, Dubois and Bakole to KO him.

12. MyHairlineIsGone

MyHairlineIsGone New Member banned Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Lol Wilder isn't massively powerful. He has yet to knock out anybody worth mentioning. Also with the exception of bum Dominic Breazeale he took longer to knock out most of his "top" opponents than other fighters did. Wilder took 9 rounds to knock out Eric Molina while Chris Arreola took 1 round. Wilder took 11 rounds to stop Johann Duhaupus on his feet while Alexander "PED" Povektin stopped him much earlier. Wilder took 9 rounds to stop no talent Artur Szpilka while butterballl Adam Kownacki took 4. Wilder took 5 rounds to stop Gerald "Tomato Can" Washington while Kownacki took 2. It took Wilder 4 or 5 rounds to knock out the 17-20 Harold Sconier while Bermaine Stiverne did it in 1. Should I continue?

Wilder knocking down Fury proved what? Light punching cruiserweight Steve Cunningham did the same thing with one punch.

I do agree with Anthony Joshua knocking out Fury though. Fury has no defense. His defense is him running because he is afraid to be hit.

13. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    And heeereee he is!! Ladies and gentlemen I present the worlds most slickest and slippery boxer

Tyson Fury *with two massive cuts on his left eye*

14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yet a not even remotely slick guy with a glass jaw did this to Dillian Whyte.:rolleyes:
    This content is protected

DoubleJab666 and CutThroatFade like this.
  15. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Fury boxes AJ's ears off and stops him in the mid rounds. AJ isn't a southpaw and has been a scared fighter since Wlad almost put him to sleep, the loss to Ruiz isn't going to help him in that department. Fury's power is not devastating, but neither is Ruiz's. AJ's chin is that horrid more than anyone else is very cognizant of it. So it's not like he's going to be aggressively pushing the pace here.

don owens likes this.