AJ makes it clear he wants to fight Wilder on April 13

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Smokin' Joe ⭐, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Smokin' Joe ⭐

Smokin' Joe ⭐ Rumble banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2018
    This content is protected

This content is protected

sid and Bogotazo like this.
  2. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I can still tell in his voice that he doesn't want it. Man doesn't want that demonic power, and who can blame him.

3. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Why do you think or keep saying about demonic powers with wilder?
    What actually makes you think that if you are of course being serious?

4. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Lol. I’m driving the point home, almost mischievously as most people think it’s nonsense.

I've explained many times why i think so.

5. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Ok
    So would you explain again or copy and paste your old explanation.
    I guessed you were driving the point and thought there was some humour to you.

I'm not mocking you, just interested as to why you think it

6. C HOP

C HOP The World Awaits Full Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Haha **** off with that power **** wilder can get hit like nothing else with that defence..

It's Fury who is being doged the most by Joshua anybody can now see that clear as day.

mark ant likes this.
  7. Official Scorecard

Official Scorecard Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I think the only thing Joshua is scared of is Wilder getting the official loss in the Fury rematch before fighting AJ.

kirk, Lesion of Doom, deadACE and 6 others like this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I have no doubt Joshua wants it.

Can't day the same about the money men who back him

jaytxxl, mb1233 and mark ant like this.
  9. twopiece

twopiece Pugilistic Ambassador Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Seems like a chess move. Joshua probably wants to get ahold of that WBC strap before Fury manages to take it (in the event that Fury manages to do it next time).

I've never believed either of these guys were avoiding each other. They were letting the fight hype/minor controversy over "who's ducking whom" marinate for a bit. Now it's time to serve up the dish... before it gets cold.

sid, Holler, Jay1990 and 1 other person like this.
  10. archdeacon99

archdeacon99 Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2016
    You don't make a deal by one side already having booked a date and venue before negotiations. Obvious Wilder would not be ready to fight in April after fighting in December and the fight not even agreed at this point.

11. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This fight should be made in England. That is where the money is.

AJ wants this bad cause he knows Wilder is an easy win. Wilder's only chance is to land a wild haymaker. That's been his only ammo his entire career.

12. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    This. If you know how to read people you can see it in his face, tone and body language. All I see in this video is damage control. Just listen how he opens up about the offer and his terms from jump. This dude sounds really insecure and I believe the day he steps in the ring with DW he's getting ko`d. Unless he waits till wilder ages a bit.

13. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    lmao, i would be salivating too. or what.. you dont think josh can duplicate that ali like performance by fury? i dont even like aj, but i give him whats his. hes a unified hw champion, gold medalist, in his absolute prime.

14. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    the fight is a punchers fight. Anything can happen, but I pick Joshua.

de Morhalle and Crixus139 like this.
  15. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Ideally they want to wait and see if Fury goes off the rails again due to lack of an official big fight, deplete him. Fury has a history of going awol when you screw him around, which is something they might try to exploit. Hearn would know that if they 'steal' Wilder off him, Fury might flip out with inactivity in the mean time. Hearn is quite worried about Fury, he rarely suggests anyone (not booked) is a serious challenge to Joshua, so when he talks about Fury giving them real problems, he knows. Froch's coach knows. Wilder can land a lottery shot on anyone, but they know Fury can consistently challenge them over 12 rounds without needing a big shot. Plus more and more coaches are confirming how impressive his skillset is.

Or they want Wilder once he's around 35, take the edge off his speed and explosiveness, deplete him. They know he is quicker than AJ, more agile and yet still has big power. Size doesn't matter much if you're a quick fighter with power, see Pacman. If they can slow him down, they reduce his threat significantly.

As for 50/50 splits being 'absurd', even Haye, a notoriously commercially motivated fighter, gave Fury a 50/50 split when he could have made similar PPV arguments as Hearn/Joshua, because he wanted the fight. Don't forget Wlad, another greedy *******, also gave Haye a 50 split when he didn't really need to because he wanted to prove a point. Hearn and his pet should just offer the 50/50 to each as a declaration of serious intentions and pride over money. But they're worms.

Best outcome? Fury UDs Wilder in rematch. Hearn and AJ duck Fury to fight Wilder who 'only lost decision'. Wilder KO's AJ. Hearn now makes Fury AJ before it's too damaged. Fury TKO's AJ. Hearn turns to Usyk, who TKO's Wilder, then TKO's AJ.

Fury UD's Usyk to become undisputed Heavyweight and Cruiserweight champion with all the belts. Could have KO'd him in the 11th, but went easy on him because he's a cool guy outside of bowing to Bellew.