AJ next opponent?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Plaza, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    It was slighty better than Fury v Clit but Pakora threw nothing at all.

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I thought Pulev just outboxed the smaller fella, kept him on the end of the jab and whenever he did manage to work his way inside, Pulev just wrapped him up in a clinch and tired him out. It was a very comfortable win.

3. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Pulev showed he was levels above Chisora, boxed well that night. I think it could also be argued he would be levels above Whyte, as I see the fight playing out in a similar way. No way Whyte could ever be seen as a world class fighter when he had an arguably 'lucky' decision against Chisora.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Howitzer1888 and Twentyman like this.
  4. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree, he's definitely levels above Whyte. I think he would shut him out for 12 rounds too.

Howitzer1888 and lawslaw like this.
  5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Exacty mate - Dull produced nothing on the night

6. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    On the positive though at least it wasn't PPV mate ;)

Jurgen likes this.
  7. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    So who next??? For me its parker to unify wbo.... Hopefully whyte vs wilder which sets up undisputed clash for the summer, should AJ come through then big Tyson fury clash in December.... Not 100% that AJ beats wilder though???

8. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    parker next would make sense, plus out of all the governing bodies the wbo is probably the easiest to get in the top 10 rankings, Fury can then fight Tom Schwarz who is rated highly but is a big german lummox who couldn't get airich out of there so no danger really.

And then the big summer/winter fight with Fury is sorted

couldn't give a shite about wilder, he's happy fighting bums in Alabama

what happened to bellew/haye I thought the first fight was an eliminator for the wbo belt?

neither are ranked in the wbo to 10

9. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Parker will be happy to milk a few more soft defences first. He knows he loses to AJ and once he loses that belt, he won't get it back. As for Fury, well he needs to serve the multiple drug bans he will get then apply for a licence, he is done until 2020 at the earliest.

10. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    I'm hearing Eddie hearn wants to work with fury... Maybe Eddie has the ear of bbboc? Mitigation for drugs could be his depression he's been out 2 years already lost all his titles would they lean towards that?

Sure I remember when he vacated the wba he had a clause to get a shot at it once he returns? Was that a dream?

11. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Parker then Wilder would be ideal.

Plaza likes this.
  12. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Parker hasn't looked that convincing in his last two outings,maybe he has plateaued? Hope not, I like him, possibly it was the late replacement sparring partner and HF running away all night that made him look ordinary? Right now Joshua would be a heavy favourite to beat Parker who has only one thing on him ,hand speed.

13. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Whoever it is people will hand over there hard earned, regardless of how poor the opponent, because some don't know who they are, they think they are getting a great fight...

If Hearn said he had Sugar Diabetes, his followers would think he was a welsh flyweight!

14. David the

David the Fat Bastard Full Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Good fighter Sugar Diabetes,saw him fight Kid Napper on the Joshua undercard in Cardiff:biggrin:

Would anyone agree Povetkin could be a potential credible Joshua opponent I hear he is on the comeback trail.....

15. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    At this time is appears as if Parker will fight Brown, not Joshua.................