AJ/Pulev

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    This content is protected

At 5:45 Hearn, after making a joke about being involved in Saturday night's fight, says : "for my American fans, that was a joke" ......
    ..... he's got to be the first boxing promoter in history who talks in terms of having his own fans.
    I dunno, I'm not sure even the ego that was Don King would have expressed it as bluntly as that.

Hearn's okay, he often talks a lot of sense, but FFS, "my American fans ..." ... he actually does these interviews with the thought in his mind that the audience are fans of Eddie Hearn.
    Maybe he's right.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    moog and Hattonmad like this.
  2. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    I think AJ will fight Pulev regardless of whether he and Fury can make a deal. I think he'll want a tune up fight

As for the weight, I don't think AJ should ever come in above 240lbs ever again. He was a lot more mobile and had a lot more stamina, without sacrificing his punching power, in the Ruiz rematch. One of his biggest flaws previously was too much muscle leeching his stamina

3. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Weirdly enough I think he does have lots of fans. So even when cards are rubbish they believe him when he says they are great. Fact he personally has big fanbase does show one thing, regardless what anyone thinks of him he is bloody good at his job.