AJ two years ago: "Fury ran against Klitschko!"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by NasalSpray, Dec 12, 2019.

1. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    “Fury boxed twelve rounds and ran,” Joshua said. “I don't respect that. If I'm the King of Dubai in the olden days and a different empire comes to take my territory, you don't come and steal my treasure – that's what Fury's done I think.

“He stole the boxing from Klitschko in the sense that he just boxed and moved. If an up and coming king wants to take the king's treasure, you look him in the face and put the dagger in his chest. You don't stay from afar and slash, slash. You go to war and that is what me and Klistchko did.

“The new king is announced if you really dethrone the old king, you knock him out and took him out of the throne and now you sit on the throne. If you go to points you're only as good as the last champion. You have to knock out the old champion to show you're stronger and fiercer.

“If I went out there and went 12 rounds with Klitschko then we are just as good as each other. The judges made the decision on the fight, I went out there and knocked him out. I took the belts from him. I didn't leave it to judges.”

Wonder how AJ feels about his own performance against a 20 stone fat midget then

2. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Obviously that is all bs.

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Great thread mate.

Carlton Cole and ryanm8655 like this.
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    This content is protected

TonyHayers likes this.
  5. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Was Mike Tyson a midget?

6. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Klitschko Fury II would have been interesting. Shame it never happened.

Either way, I’d rather watch a football team who can sit back and defend when they need to but generally try to attack than watch a team who try to win 1-0 every week. If every boxer fought like Tyson Fury boxing would be about as popular as tiddlywinks.

YearZero, Brixton Bomber and EJC83 like this.
  7. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Listen they all can talk wet. Fury does the same near enough every other week when he claims he's going to spark this and that dosser out cold.

8. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Klitschko fights did big numbers in Germany because often they were more like a show with very limited undercards. You had bands on, reality TV winners. That sort of stuff.

Mayweather did huge numbers because people paid to see him lose. He was the guy they loved to hate.

Fury hasn’t got that. And what happens in the ring is still important. Everyone in the UK has heard of Tyson Fury, but that doesn’t mean everyone wants to watch him fight.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  9. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Not in terms of selling tickets or PPV’s. Last seen in a British ring getting booed out of it.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. NasalSpray

Oct 22, 2018
    Hayers still has a sick obsession with Tyson Fury I see

Hattonmad and Wizbit1013 like this.
  11. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    The Ruiz rematch was no where near the bore fest Wlad v fury was, I don’t see the connection. I think AJ was teetering between a tactical fight and running maybe but I’d be inclined to lean towards tactical. I think people overstate the running aspect, he was hitting Ruiz a good plenty of times.

It’s not really the same as what fury did, preening and psyching out for twelves rounds. What fury did was impressive in its way but I don’t see the similarity with these fights. AJ was more Lennox Lewis like when he was playing safe, pretty boring but still landing enough.

I think AJ says a lot of dumb stuff but I’m not sure he was caught completely out here. Different circumstances.

12. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    I’m commenting on a Tyson Fury thread which you started.

13. NasalSpray

Oct 22, 2018
    I never said you couldn't comment, I'm saying you are being completely irrational due to your weird hate for Fury. You said that Fury fights boring and runs every fight, did you see the Wallin and Schwarz fights? Or are you just being intentionally thick.

14. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Ruiz won 1 round at best!
    Please don't post anymore about all the credit you give AJ!
    Its embarrassing!

15. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Wlad was popular in Germany ,but a nobody in the USA, which is why he only defended there a couple of times.