AJ v Franklin.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Oreet Cha!, Mar 27, 2023.

1. GDM74

GDM74 Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2021
    Jeez he had so much potential as well. I guess he’ll fade into obscurity, if I was Hearn I would drop him, way too unreliable

Breazer5678 likes this.
  2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Same gym as Conor Benn. Craig Richards having a few pull outs as well....

Inglis_1, Astro and GDM74 like this.
  3. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    They were both meant to be on this bill originally weren't they, Bolotniks/Richards and obviously Signani/Cash. That water supply at the Matchroom gym needs checking over.

I remember there was a lot of talk from team Bolotniks about strange goings on with Richards, that all went silent though and he finds himself on the Canelo card...

4. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Odds of 400/1 both fighters being knocked down in first round

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Joshua looks massive. Going with a 3rd round stoppage and some much needed confidence restored. Just need theses ****ers fighting more than once or twice a year.

6. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Yep Richards 2nd withdrawal from that fight.

7. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
  8. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Joshua is too big and too strong. He’ll get pudding out of there within 6.

Beale likes this.
  9. roeknott

roeknott Seen it all before. Full Member

Jan 4, 2023
    To be fair it would, but it is AJ we are talking about, if Franklin can get to his body the way he did Whyte he has half the battle done as we know he gasses badly, and AJ doesnt have the best chin in the world, a few fast clips to it and he will be reeling again, its heavyweights, so i wouldn't count out Franklin just yet, like people did with Ruiz1.

10. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Lol, I know there's levels in boxing but that was used in the first Usyk fight & even in the first Ruiz fight.

11. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Franklin has shown he can box a little and has speed, if he can show he's a bit of a firefighter and can put bit more spite on his punches than he did against Dillian of course he can course AJ some problems.....Takam Povetkin both did before AJ overpowered them.

12. BrokerNYC

BrokerNYC Nottingham Full Member

Feb 8, 2021
    There is no danger in this fight for AJ.

Franklin did well against Whyte because Whyte was sh*t and also had a new coach, Franklin went life and death to a pts win with Pavel Sour, who Nathan Gorman KO'd in two rounds, took Hughie Fury 3 and Hrgovic 1, barring a punch from the gods he has less than a 10% chance of knocking AJ out.

Elite sportsman train hard and rest for years before they reach their peak, the training, recovery and nutrition compounded over time helps elevate good sportsmen to elite sportsmen and that's what AJ is, an Elite sportsman.

Franklin was working in a factory less than a year ago, so I'm assuming his training, recovery and nutrition suffered, it's impossible to bridge the gap between AJ & him. Lets not make this out to be something it's not, it's a run out for AJ

AJ stoppage within 9.

Good luck to Franklin though, he seems like a genuine salt of the earth guy.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  13. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Not really excited about this fight, but let's see...

BrokerNYC likes this.
  14. roeknott

roeknott Seen it all before. Full Member

Jan 4, 2023
    Franklin has no fear, and at times fights with reckless abandon and throws all caution to the wind, this is where Joshau needs to be careful because if he is clipped Franklin will just keep on throwing.

15. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I notice the BBC is going big on this AJ circus - no doubt Bunce will have more podcasts than usual but for a boxing presser to be top headline on BBC Sport is very unusual. Matchroom have got a good deal there, whatever it is...

Astro likes this.