AJ v Fury Off!!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, May 17, 2021.

1. Fibbo

Fibbo Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Cracking question

Terminator likes this.
  2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Tyson looks more cuddly

3. williams7383

williams7383 TKO 6 Klit Lickers Full Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Just like the second fight

nurological likes this.
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Lots of clips doing the rounds of Malik Scott now training Wilder, yes he might be showing the odd feint but looks the same fighter to me. Biggest danger with this ‘3rd fight’ materialising is Fury being over confident and Wilder having absolutely nothing to lose.

5. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I saw a clip of Fury skipping that he posted on Instagram pre-Wilder 2. He is wearing a top, but looks in far better shape than he does now with just over 8 weeks to go.

He has a lot of work to do in that time as he doesn't look match fit to me. He has to be very careful against Wilder who could lose every second of the fight but get one big shot which would be game over.

I think he is well aware of this though, he seems to respect Wilder.

This content is protected

Gatekeeper likes this.
  6. FuryisGOAT

FuryisGOAT New Member Full Member

Feb 26, 2020
    His extra weight works against wilder. Old spaghetti hoop legs can’t cope as soon as Tyson leans and mauls him.

7. kevin-novice

kevin-novice Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2016
    24th July Fury.

Will Joshua be still 14th August.

8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    The fact the fight was ironed out so quickly just shows how fury took everyone for a ride. He was never fighting AJ on the 14th.

Brixton Bomber, sword and Gatekeeper like this.
  9. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Exactly this!!!!

I'm a huge fan of fury the fighter but I'm starting to become increasingly bored of his shite....

He and his team did fukc all in trying to get the fight with joshua arranged , everything was left to hearn while warren and arum did nothing, this was either due to the fact that they didnt really want the fight and was hoping it would fall through or they knew about the wilder ruling all along??

What happened to fury never fighting wilder again because of his allegations of cheating ???

Wilder is damaged goods , its another pointless fight and one fury knows he will win but he will try and big it up telling us wilder is still the most dangerous puncher blah blah........can you imagine what wilder will be like after another press conference hammering from fury, the man will be a wreck by the first bell, he is done !!! It's such a pointless fight!! I will be amazed if it ever happens , without doubt one of them will pull out.

It's all just a bit boring now tbh , fury walking around in Versace thinking he is superior to everyone else when in reality deep down I dont believe he truly thinks he has the beating of joshua.

I much preferred the fury you would turn up in old trainers, track suit and full of spite and anger, he seems to have become everything he use to slag off regarding fame and fortune......

The heavyweight division is on hold more now than when the Klitschko brothers ruled.. at least they consistently fought their mandatories...

For the first time ever I really couldnt care whether fury wins or loses next and i never thought i would say that because i have been one of his biggest fans.

Fury and AJ will both have rematch clauses in the contract for their next fight so potentially the undisputed fight will be even smaller by the time it happens if one loses ..... so let's all be prepared for another year of bull**** interviews!!!

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Or pretty much all thr details had already been agreed in the disputed contract?

11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Its all theatre. Did we really expect a fight to be staged outside in Saudi in August?

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  12. kevin-novice

kevin-novice Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Hopeless.

On a personal level I was busy on the 14th August so glad it's not happening.

13. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    The Wilder fight was always happening wasn't it? I've now officially lost all my interest in the undisputed fight. Seeing Wilder get battered all over again does give me a warm feeling inside so it's not the end of the world.

14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    No, it was no secret that Arum was making alternative plans, it was no secret that Wilder might still win the arbitration. Arum has consistently said "Joshua or Wilder next". Everyone knows Fury-Wilder 3 would be easy to make.
    None of that means "fury took everyone for a ride".
    I'm quite sure Fury would have taken the $75 million guarantee (likely to be more after PPV sales were counted up) if he was allowed to.
    He'll likely get paid far less for the Wilder fight.
    There's no plausible motive for Fury to take "everyone for a ride".
    This is just a case of Fury's side losing the arbitration ruling. Basically, the contract is still valid.

Terminator and nurological like this.
  15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Correct. They knew they were extremely unlikely to win arbitration to negotiate a fight with AJ telling Hearn arbitration wouldn't be an issue was very bad practice.

They wasted AJ's time, Matchrooms time, TV broadcasters time, Saudi governments time.

They will hide behind the claim that it was the judge who is to blame for the fight not happening and they had no say in the matter but thats BS.

They would have known beforehand from their own legal team what the probabilities of winning and losing was.