AJ v Fury Off!!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, May 17, 2021.

1. Craigt93

Craigt93 Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2020
    If Fury drops the WBC then would the same offer be on the table from the Saudi’s?

Hearn’s been telling us in every single interview over the last few months that the Saudis only wanted the Ruiz fight as a build up to the undisputed fight. Would they will be willing to offer the same terms if they drop the WBC?

Also, would Joshua want to fight Fury with no WBC on the line? Again, he wants to be undisputed. What would he get from fighting Fury if the WBC isn’t on the line? Especially if the money isn’t as good as initially thought. And when he wouldn’t be favourite to win.

2. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    The issue that Bob pointed to apparently in the arbitration was PBC never offered to host the 3rd fight as the money wasn’t in it.
    Top Rank offered to host it twice which was turned down by wilder and that’s what arum pointed to.

the big issue is if you need $50 mil to pay wilder and fury for the third fight then you need to sell 800k PPVs which it doesn’t do in a million years. So how do they expect to stage the third fight.

i did think it was strange fury out partying all week in Miami and not in camp though

3. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Actually there's nothing strange about that at all.

The rest of your post I didn't quote is agreeable.

4. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    The third fight would 100% have had some time limit written into the contract, it always does for re-matches regardless of which way the result goes.

There is a cut off point. Otherwise, what would prevent Wilder from demanding a re-match 5 years on from 2020? December was mentioned, whichever month it was it would have been in the contract, and has most likely expired.

I don't believe for a second people as shrewd and experienced as Hearn would have invested many hundreds of hours of his their time into this if the above was not a fact. It just doesn't make sense otherwise, why work day and night on a deal if you have no concrete reason to believe a fight can actually happen? They would have had that legal assurance available to them.

I'm reserving judgement on this. I am still inclined to believe the fight happens.

I think Fury will vacate and fight AJ anyway, belt or no belt. If he does, and WBC becomes vacant the arbitration becomes irrelevant, at that point Wilder can fight for and win the vacant belt against. He will have a much, much easier fight for big money and then as world champion again his stock rises as does the money he makes. What's the alternative? A court case against Fury and Co- would cost millions, take how long, possibly a whole year, and at that point he is 37-38 and has not fought for an eternity it's a possible but very improbable outcome.

The 'arbitration' is just the opinion of one retired judge. It's not a legal ruling. It has not taken place in court. Another judge can very likely produce another result, worth pointing that out too.

5. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Tyson "You Can't Take It With You" Fury can give Wilder the step aside money from his purse, Tyson isn't about the money, listen to the man, money doesn't make him happy....

tomclarky likes this.
  6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

How much? Let's calculate.

Wilder will have to wait another year minimum, also when he does it won't be for all the belts, Hearn has said with mandatory fights AJ will eventually drop one or maybe two assuming he beats Fury and Fury would have to do the same if he wins.

So what's it actually worth to step aside?

Two fights worth a total of $150 mill each to AJ and Fury.. I don't think they have enough to pay him what he would demand.

7. Big Boy Battersby

Big Boy Battersby Member banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2021
    I don't know what's going to happen but Joshua fanboys are petrified at the prospect of facing Usyk. It's genuinely laughable.

8. ruffryders

ruffryders Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I think Apparently is the key word in your quote.

The judge sees the actual evidence and not propaganda from team Fury

9. ruffryders

ruffryders Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Bear in mind none of this would be happening if Fury just fought Wilder as per their contract.

Not even asking him to stick to his word, stick to the contract you wrote. He will probably try pay him step aside or find another way out like with klitschko and retire. Fury is an expert at getting out of the big fights, fighting man Gypsy King

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. Fibbo

Fibbo Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Fight back in doubt according to reports today.

Will only believe this is on when they both arrive in Saudi

11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    That sounds about right. But can the Franchise belt be won in the ring?

N17 likes this.
  12. N17

Feb 16, 2013

The WBC make it up as they go along, they could say.. we will put the belt up and winner is franchise champion.

Something like that, knowing the WBC they could always make the WBC Super Super Belt LOL

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    kojak, Mitch87 and Scissors like this.
  13. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    I’m so ****ing bored of all this now

nurological and N17 like this.
  14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    This is where Daniel Kinahan would come in useful - Oh dear, Wilder has had an unfortunate accident meaning he can't fight.

Guru88, Fibbo, Unforgiven and 3 others like this.
  15. N17

Feb 16, 2013

Hahahaha :lol:

Errrr, Mr Kinahan, if you see these posts, we are joking, it's just a little bit of fun, Me and Erik are just joking, it's all just fun and game, nobody takes me seriously anyway, also I would like to wish you and your family well in all your endeavours.

:scared1

Unforgiven and Erik like this.