Aj v Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    As far as I'm aware, Fury and Joshua have both signed to fight each other next, and agreed terms.
    But the contract is dependent on a date and location being found within a stipulated time period. So far, as far as we know, the site and date have not yet been found, despite weeks and months passing by.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Gatekeeper and DramaShow like this.
  2. Furious

Furious Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    No, both signed - it’s just dependent on date and venue.

DramaShow likes this.
  3. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    It shows how well Hearn and MR use the media. There’s already the tacit implication that Fury ‘hasn’t signed’ and/or ‘doesn’t want the fight’. The truth that we’re aware of is that both have signed - it’s just dependent on the venue and date.

The only other factor is Fury has said he’d have preferred a warm up fight and intends to fight twice this year. I suspect that’s predominantly a negotiating tactic really. They’ll be well up for this.

Unforgiven likes this.
  4. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    People on this forum already buying into the idea that "Hearn has been doing all the work", "Hearn and Joshua are the side that are wanting this !".
    People are itching to blame Tyson Fury especially if this fight falls through.

velagod and Glenn McKrory like this.
  5. nurological

nurological Boxing Addict Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Seems that maybe this fight isnt as big as they are trying to tell people and maybe they cant get the money they need or want? When you have Arum saying each fighter will get 100m you have to say that is bull****. This fight is HUGE over here but for the rest of the world im not so sure.

Scissors likes this.
  6. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Fights happening in November in the Middle East as I’ve said all along.
    They’ve just got the excuse they needed with covid now.

AJ vs Usyk in July
    Fury vs Takam? July

Showdown in the middle east in November.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  7. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Usyk would be an enormous risk, do you really think they’d take that before Fury? Maybe the mando situation forces it somewhat. Kudos to them if so.

Gatekeeper and Brixton Bomber like this.
  8. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, it's a huge fight but Arum and all the others have bought into this idea that it has to be XXX amount of millions per fighter, and can't find anyone to cover it.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect this isn't happening this summer.

9. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog Swinging on Hearn’s nuts Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    If the fight doesn’t happen it’s going to be very entertaining watching some posters here doing some mental gymnastics trying to put the blame on AJ and Hearn.

10. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    If the fight doesn’t happen next, no way either of them takes a risky fight inbetween. No chance. Any opponent with better odds than 5/1 will be dismissed immediately

Gatekeeper likes this.
  11. nurological

nurological Boxing Addict Full Member

May 25, 2012
    What are we, 7?

12. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Who would pay a site fee for this? No British fans would be allowed to travel. It defeats the purpose of attracting tourism.

Withoht British fans being allowed to fly over, the fight isn't big enough in the US to warrant a stadium/arena.

I think it's better for both to have a warm up in July and then set the scene for a fight in the Winter. The vaccine roll out should be done by then and fans should be allowed to fly.

The fight is marinating nicely.

13. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Hearn has been to FOUR different countries trying to make this happen, what have Tyson's team been doing?

14. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    But in actual fact, the opposite is happening, people here are already putting the blame on Tyson Fury.
    Loads of people have been itching to blame Fury if this falls through.
    Every time Fury complains or hints that he's not happy with the lack progress, it gets spun around to make him the 'bad guy', like he's the reason it might not happen.
    Every time Fury says he needs to fight this summer, it gets spun around and people say 'he doesn't want it'.

Fury's in training. Fury's signed the agreement to fight AJ next. Both Hearn and AJ have confirmed this.
    Fury wants the fight. He wants a definite date. He wants a definite location and an official announcement.

For a lot of you guys on this forum all of that equals "Fury's trying to get out of it".
    It's crazy.

15. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Amazed that the Saudis haven’t bid to host this later on in the year yet.