Aj v Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    You keep pushing the narrative of making it NOT Tyson's fault, yet what is he doing? Actions speak louder than words...

2. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I can't mark Fury as bad guy.
    He had fought with really old over the hill Wlad but he does have pro: fight was in Germany. A.J didn't had fight in Germany.
    Also Wlad then still had belts and therefore Fury if wished to get belts should had fight vs old Wlad. This is valid excuse.

Fury had fights vs Wilder in U.S.

While Fury had proved inconsistence cos he had other priorities rather than boxing after fight with Wlad looks that he is willing to fight even aboard on foreign soil.

While A.J takes very old Wlad and Povetkin to fight in U.K and other so called marquee fights in hometown.
    Also A.J most likely might had better sold fight vs Usyk rather than 39 y.o old Pulev.

Doesn't looks cool.

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    What is he doing ? Well .... Pretty much what you'd expect a fighter to be doing.
    Tyson Fury has signed the same papers Anthony Joshua signed.
    Both fighters are apparently in shape and training. Fury is training, Joshua is training.

What exactly do you think Fury's doing wrong ?

Explain to me why you already want to blame Tyson Fury IF the fight doesn't happen ....

4. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Because AJ is often accused of ducking and fighting old men, and gets a tonne of criticism that often unwarranted. Also it's Fury's camp often hounding Joshua for being scared for years, same with Wilder's bitches. Fury and Wilder jerking each other off as the "true" champions and "where are ya AJ". And Fury's constant trolling on social media.

I personally think AJ wants the big fights more than anyone.

roddy and Brixton Bomber like this.
  5. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Boom!

6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    So that make it Furys fault how?

I personally think they have both signed to fight so clearly want it but it looks like its not going to be possible at the moment unless many people involved take a huge pay cut.

Lets be honest, AJ has many interested parties eating off him and Arum must have wasted a small fortune on Fury over the last few years so he wants that all back and then some.

The money men are the problem here as usual with boxing.

7. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    AJ's not ducking this fight, nor is Fury.
    I don't see any good reason for people wanting to blame either fighter if this thing doesn't happen.
    It's not Fury's job to negotiate all the deals with venues, etc. That's for the promoters to get sorted. If they fail, they fail. No good reason to blame the actual fighters.

AJ gets accused of fighting old men because he has fought some old men.

8. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I wouldn’t worry too much guys - i’m certain this is all to get us talking.

I thought this was very telling - it’s George Lockheart, Fury’s nutritionist. He’s low profile enough so whatever he posts will usually slip under the radar - but he’d be privy to inside info.

This content is protected

Gatekeeper likes this.
  9. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    I think Fury wants to deny Hearn the pay day, tbh.

10. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, it seems like some people just want to be childish and petty maybe.

"Well, AJ got loads of unwarranted criticism so I'm going to blame everything on Fury at any opportunity now .... " .... "I don't like Fury, so I'll blame him and call him a 'ducker' if I get any chance" ..... that kind of thing.

Instead of actually rising above the level of idiocy and taking a balanced view of where we are at now.

I agree. It's a case of their inflated expectations going up against the economic reality of the world at the moment.

Although I am still hoping we'll get an announcement soon and a nice surprise.

11. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    I'm not saying Fury is ducking anyone, I'm saying AJ has often been on the end of a lot of unfair criticism. And people constantly bring up the fact that he's fought older men and not fought the likes of Wilder yet.

He's been accused more than most of ducking and being scared and lacking character/mental strength.

I'm not saying blame Fury, I'm saying there's often more pressure on AJ for ducking than anyone else.

Gatekeeper and Brixton Bomber like this.
  12. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    On behalf of all parties and whatever he finds, he report back to Arum/Warren so i don't get this point

13. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    Sure, but being "accused" of doing so makes it sound likes its AJ's fault that his mandatories were old or that he was picking easy fights.

At the end of the day 38 year old Povetkin was #3 in the world at the time, and was a lot better than his 40/41 year old self in regards to his speed/agility.

Wladmir at 41 would still beat everyone in this division besides Fury and AJ, who probably wouldn't beat him every time.

Pulev was a mandatory.

Unforgiven likes this.
  14. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    True, AJ shouldn't be faulted for fighting them

But on the other side, I guess when guys like Eddie Hearn and a load of AJ's fanboys keep citing those names high among names of "a great resume", people will respond by pointing out that they were old men.

15. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    I think AJ's resume is still the best in the business though. Being old doesn't mean bad.

The Povetkin who fought AJ I think would beat Whyte most times. Wladmir 41 would be #3.

Plus he also got a good win over Parker winning almost every round vs a good boxer.

And he beat Dillian, albeit a lesser Dillian, but I see no reason why it would be a different outcome.

I also think he'd beat Ruiz 9/10. And also his style is all wrong for Wilder IMO.