Aj v Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Fibbo

Fibbo Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Like father like son?

2. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog Swinging on Hearn’s nuts Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Saudi have allowed women in the WWE to wrestle at their shows but they’ve been covered from the neck down I believe. Not sure how this fits in with regulations on what female boxers are allowed to wear.

3. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Active Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Their country, their laws.

4. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Cant get myself up for this fight for some reason. Had to be in the UK in a stadium surely.......... the biggest fight in years and it just seems taking it to Saudi has just taken the edge off it for me. Maybe I’ll get back up for it when Fury slaughters AJ at the pressers and AJ maybe then shows us the real person behind the fake nicey nicey guy he’s portrayed for years. Fury might win this before a punch is thrown.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    FuryisGOAT likes this.
  5. Big Boy Battersby

Big Boy Battersby New Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2021
    What does that have to do with women choosing to endorse such laws in the pursuit of money?

Also, your argument is **** poor. "Countries" and "laws" are both social constructs, so such ignominious laws are easily disputed in the name of ethics. In the grand scheme of existence itself, "countries" and "laws" are most certainly not an end in themselves, but a means to an end, and an end that is currently highly disputed.

6. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Unless you go and plonk yourself on an island somewhere out in the middle of nowhere and cut yourself from everything and everyone, we all end up indirectly supporting a country with horrible backward regimes, in some form or another.

kojak and CutThroatFade like this.
  7. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    People actually thought AJ vs Fury was going to happen lol.

8. VOXDEI

VOXDEI "BRILLIANT AJ" Full Member

May 17, 2021
    First Post:

This whole thing is a catch-22, both fighters are two valuable to have a loss, at the same time, the organisers need the fight to happen eventually because it's the most valuable fight in boxing by orders of magnitude I imagine. So all parties need as much out of this fight as possible, as a result contract negotiations have been ridiculous and protracted.

Now there's the whole Wilder wanting back in, probably because he realised some months ago that if he doesn't take a rematch his whole career is done, fighting Fury offers a chance at an unlikely redemption at best and a final big payday at worst.

I suspect the fight will happen, particularly now there's Saudi money and reputation at stake, this could even be why Fury put out his own unofficial announcement, it adds pressure to the organisers to make sure it goes ahead.

When it will happen is another question, no doubt the saga will rumble on, we'll be lucky to have the fight this year.

kojak likes this.
  9. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    All makes sense now doesn’t it. The negativity because they knew this fight weren’t happening and they were praying Eddie Hearn couldn’t get it done so he’d look like the bad one.

People are so blinded by Hearn they miss that there’s some absolute scum in boxing.