AJ v Pulev feeble PPV undercard

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Canning, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Canning

Canning Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Less than 3 1/2 weeks to go so surely too late for any big fight to be added leaving a really poor PPV undercard.
    70,000 tickets sold and the chief support is Kal Yafai propped up by Dave Allen and Buglioni I expected much better.

2. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I thought those fights worked as a decent foundation where a couple of better fights being added would make it pretty decent. But alas, there was nothing coming

Howitzer1888, BoxingABC1 and Canning like this.
  3. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Plot twist: Buglioni will in fact be facing Anthony Yarde, and Dave Allen will be facing none other than Deontay 'The Bronze Bomber' Wilder.

4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Femi fanboys mean they don't need a strong card.

Odins beard and Bensub like this.
  5. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Why would they put a strong undercard and waste money on it,when they know people will pay for Joshua anyway.Makes no Logostical sense.It will get minimum 600,000 buys because of AJ anyway and people who say their not gonna pay it,they wont be able to resist the temptation.It will definitely be 19.95 which is for top of the line events on sky,even though it wont probably go past 5 rounds

Kapparino likes this.
  6. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Hearn is just going to fill it up with the olympians to bash up mega bums.

Fast Eddie is to busy pretending he is big time in America.

7. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Don't hate the player. His trying to expand his promotion.

8. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I'm not hating at all mate- I'm happy for them. However, outside of PPV his uk cards have generally been absolute garbage..Look at this dog muck he is serving up on Saturday night.

Meanwhile, he can't seem to find an opponent for Whyte yet he's promoting a fight in America between Miller & Wach 2 guys Dillian has been linked with/signed to fight previously

impacted and Chuck Wepner like this.
  9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    All three of Hearn's stadium cards have had poor undercards.

10. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    I dont know if i am reading too much into it but did anyone see AJ's interview with IFL @ the millennium stadium press conference... AJ seemed alittle put out by Kugan was asking when Whyte was going to be put on the card etc... AJ kind of said its already a good card doesn't need Whyte...

Then DW mentioned in another interview saying its AJ that will have to pay for it so maybe he isnt going pay enough.

Hearn has always been quick to say AJ wants good undercards but we already know he doesnt like dillian.

11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Feels like it's missing a fight, Whyte vs someone would be good.

S.K likes this.
  12. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    If Whyte and Quigg are in the card. I know Stephen Smith is going on a card for the European Championship, wonder if it's this one.

13. Chuck Wepner

Chuck Wepner Member Full Member

May 10, 2016
    Its strange that hearn found an opponent for Miller weeks ago and Chisora but no fight for Dillian. Theres not enough time 4 someone good to be added to the card now and if Dillian is added it won't be fair on him with just 3 weeks notice. Maybe he should join FW and be a star for BT. He will get more viewers than Frampton.

Dragon Punch likes this.
  14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I will be easily able to resist the temptation to buy any PPV - off to the pub I go.

15. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    You might be able to,but their are thousands who will get sucked in by the build up on sunday.Look at what Hearn said on Ifl today,he's also gonna fill the Haye Bellew undercard with Olympians.They dont care anymore,because boxing is in a great shape in the UK.As long as the Main Event is attractive they are gonna get for both,AJ's casual appeal and Haye's big mouth along with Bellew's will bring in a minimum of 500,000 buys for both.