AJ v Pulev feeble PPV undercard

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Canning, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    These multi millionnaires are not getting a penny from me but there is a supply of mugs around getting sucked in for the BBA (Boxing BAFTA Award) Title Fight at the O2.
    Checked out the ticket prices today and cannot believe these are priced for Ali v Tyson both at their peak.:headbash

Agree with above - plenty get sucked in time and again

2. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Have you ever bought a PPV?

3. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    The best ppv card,Hearn has put on has been Brook v Spence.But even then,their was questions about Brook's weight,coming back down from Middleweight,Spence being unproven.When was the last time he put on a ppv,where it was genuine 50-50,both at their peak,not developing or becoming on their way to become peak,thats not what ppv is for,its for making elite fights such as Canelo v GGG,Mayweather v Pacquiao.Every ppv he has done,has a question mark around it,thats what ****** me off.Its either Age (Klitschko) ,Stepping up weight(Bellew),someone inactive for years(Haye),or just not a Elite fighter,a second tier fighter,(Pulev,Molina,Breazeale,Quigg)

4. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Simply do not allow myself to be ripped off by multi millionnaires.

Have never bought a PPV, never will and simply watch those fights in a bar if worth watching.

5. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    If only klitschko had knocked him out then we wouldn't have this trash

Aj stay humble lol his laughing robbing the fans

Odins beard likes this.
  6. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Hearn's going to keep Whyte away from anyone dangerous not named Wilder so he can set up his "EPIC GRUDGE MATCH" between AJ and Whyte down the line.

7. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014

Very true.

My wife's friend and her fella was only yesterday asking me whether I was buying it and couldn't fathom why I wasn't.

Only when I was in the kitchen did I hear the fella announce AJ as one of the greatest heavyweights we have ever seen, it was like Eddie Hearn was in my front room.....I want to go in there and gouge out his eyes.

John-tha-dunce likes this.
  8. robfosters

robfosters Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I’ll buy it, but I have the advantage of always watching PPV’s with my brother and splitting the cost so it only costs me a tenner, which is acceptable. Hell, I’m a boxing fan, watching boxing on a Saturday night with a few beers and a curry is one of my favourite pastimes, so I’m happy to pay a few quid at times. It is a poor undercard though. Needs one more big fight to just drag it into the realms of respectable.

9. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    His not robbing anyone as nobody is forced to buy it. Don't see value, don't buy. Its really that simple.

Do you not understand the economics of supply and demand?

Prices go high when the demand outstrips the supply. That's just economics 101.

Instead of blaming AJ, Hearn, Sky or anyone else why don't you ask yourself why is AJ so popular? Why is there such a demand to watch him fight live and on PPV.

Oh and please find a better answer than 'People are stupid'.

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    It's literally because he's knocked out a ton of bums (pre-Klitschko of course), and because he's young, handsome and very muscular. Look on Twitter how many young females with otherwise ZERO interest in boxing and male football fans again with very little knowledge on boxing spend a fortune travelling to watch his fights. If AJ had Dillian Whyte's face and bitchtits, he would not be half as popular as he is. It's all about image with these casual fans.

11. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    But there is nothing wrong with that. Every other fighter would love to be in the same position. I don't see why people get so wound up with the fact that AJ is popular and has crossed over to the mainstream. Yes he has plenty people who watch his fights and are clueless about the sport but who cares.

12. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Agree there's nothing wrong with that. Can't hate a guy for doing his thing.

13. Bondy365

Bondy365 Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Just don't think enough people are excited by pulev. He's not got enough power to trouble AJ in my opinion and along with a weak card and very little pre fight build up hype this fight might well struggle.

14. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Yes I understand and yes - mugs are thick.

There is such demand because people believe the acting is real and the same mob probably think the same about the WWE events.

Knowledgeable boxing fans see through all this Eh Day bull.

15. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Eh Day is charging people £2 to sniff his farts - please apply to: Mascalls, Mascalls Lane, Brentwood, Essex CM14 5LJ England