AJ v TBA is to be against..............according to Steve Bunce!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by crixus85, Apr 22, 2019.

1. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I reckon it has to be Hunter. Even though something is whispering in my ear saying "Ortiz".

2. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    He said he had it from good sources that Wlad was gonna be Whytes opponent. As you said he talks crap.

I'm now hearing that he's claiming Amir was hit in the nuts when he clearly wasn't. I'm not surprised. Steve will never say anything that remotely rocks the boat. He claims there is no corruption in boxing, it's just incompetence. He knows full well that isn't true. The man is a shill.

He will often say things just because they make good soundbytes. He might not actually believe in what he's saying, but if it sounds good, then he will say it.

Brixton Bomber and Unforgiven like this.
  3. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I think Ruiz Jnr would be a decent replacement, especially in the circumstances.

He’s short, stocky and seems very sturdy just like Miller, which makes sense as that is what Joshua has been preparing for. He’s also got quite fast hand and footspeed for his build, which is again like Miller.

4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Ruiz jr would be decent - better than miller tbh. He gave Parker a very tough evening.

5. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Ortiz and Hunter would make for best opponents. Then i would rank them as follows:

- Ruiz
    - Jennings
    - Chisora

- Kownacki and Charr.

6. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    This clickbaity title is annoying, because there's no name attached, but then Bunce can be also so I guess it fits...

Brixton Bomber and Gatekeeper like this.
  7. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Yeah I agree, ironically although he is massively overweight, he is probably the most fluid heavyweight boxer barring Usyk.

Brixton Bomber, Potwash and Twentyman like this.
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I’d be happy with either Hunter or Ruiz (who looked decent at the weekend) to give AJ a few problems to solve. Other than them, the only ‘name’ out there is Ortiz and at least that would finally put the overacted geriatric to bed along with his deluded fans.

Potwash and Scissors like this.
  9. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Has to be Ortiz for me, whatever you think of him he has attributes that can trouble AJ - Tricky southpaw style, legit HW and he hits hard enough to hurt AJ (and he will land as AJ is no defensive master).
    Hunter on the other hand I just cannot see anything in his arsenal that can give AJ problems, too small, easy to hit, not powerful or fast, a good boxer with skill but that's not enough against an opponent so much bigger and more powerful.

Ruiz jr. I have never watched fight but anyone who has lost to Joey Parker shouldn't even be considered.

Brixton Bomber and Holler like this.
  10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    You should watch him fight. He boxed Parker’s head off at times and should have got the decision.

Potwash, Wizbit1013, Scissors and 2 others like this.
  11. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Hearn has narrowed down the list of potential opponents down to six, with a final selection to be announced within 48-72 hours:

Andy Ruiz Jr
    Luis Ortiz
    Michael Hunter
    Manuel Charr
    Trevor Bryan
    Agit Kabayel

12. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Bunce's sources suggesting an American replacement for an American fighter for a fight in America? Fascinating.

Likely to be Hunter IMO. Already in camp I think and he is a very good fighter, though his size will prove to be a problem for him.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Note Trevor Bryan now included. No chance.

14. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    If it isn't Ortiz out of those names then it's telling you something.

Brixton Bomber and Gatekeeper like this.
  15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Hearn has already said it won't be Ortiz so i have no idea why he keeps on using his name.