AJ Vs Lennox Lewis Championship Opponents

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Nov 22, 2017.

1. ManLikeFemi

ManLikeFemi New Member banned Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    We know that,but you have to remember their are special people(americans) on this thread so be careful about what you say.The Great American Hope is coming to knock Joshua out with one of his Special Windmills.

2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I am American so it wouldn't matter where I'm from, even mars. I've watched boxing since the 80's Holmes and Tyson days and Joshua is way ahead of the curve even with them in 20 fights.

No one can realistically tell me all these fighters that are mentioned on this thread blows him away, that is nonsense...lol

Lewis himself was ridiculed and way underrated ten years after he boxed and just in recent years started getting the respect he deserved and that's BC boxing fans really can't think for themselves. They go on folk lore and unrealistic hype in older eras, they actually needed other eras after his to compare .

Honestly boxing fans are the worst when judging present day fighters ,its absolutely absurd criteria ..lol

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. ManLikeFemi

Nov 14, 2017
    I meant Wilder fans,however their is a arguement their that a younger fresher man could've taken out AJ during round 6,7,8 where the phase of his recovery began.Wilder maybe is the man their as Parker dosent possess the Power or Height to go into a dog fight with AJ.To be honest your point about fans.Fans hate on Everyone,weather it's Golvokin,Mayweather,Canelo,Pacquiao,Joshua when all they are doing is providing a Entertainment for us and a loving for them they have the right to choose when to fight someone when they want.Also We are not the ones who are stepping into the ring so they should automatically be given credit and i cringe when i see people giving expert opinion on what a fighter should've/had done when in reality we are Amateurs and really dont know much.

4. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Joshua is going too knock both into next year. We haven't actually seen Joshua at his best yet and with a full training camp with no last minute changes and now 20 fights in he is going to be too much for these guys.

5. ManLikeFemi

Nov 14, 2017
    Joshua is a Muscular Specimen.His Frame is so large,surely theirs only so much a body can take.Him blowing out early seems like a norm.His Age then helps him to regain his energy back but as the fights go by,more mileage on the clock that is my worry.Wilder's Right Hand is still a Big Threat weather we like it or not,Parker i dont believe he is a threat.

6. Star1

Star1 New Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Joshua would get destroyed by the superior Eastern European athlete Alexander Povetkin.
    If he avoids Povetkin, all the best Heavyweight prospects coming up are from Eastern Europe - Hrgovic, Teslenko, Dychko, Sirenko, Kuzmin, etc and Usyk,Gassiev will be moving up.
    So only a matter of time before he gets beat up by one just like he did in the amateurs against Nistor and Majidov.

7. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Lewis frame was larger at 6'5 ,he didn't have reflexes or combo punching like Joshua does.....unless ppl think Wilder would be a top 3 guy in the 90's I see no logical point one could make with the 250 pound Joshua not blowing everyone out until 2022.

8. ManLikeFemi

Nov 14, 2017
    Wilder lands a right hand similar to what Klitschlo did but then follows up a sustained attack for the next couple of rounds? However that Theory would rely on AJ gassing himself out,will Wilder survive a barrage of Punches like Wlad did and get back up? Encouraging Signs for Joshua for Domination.

9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Tony Tucker KO's AJ
    Frank Bruno KO's AJ
    Phil Jackson KO's AJ
    Tommy Morrison KO's AJ
    Ray Mercer KO's AJ
    Oliver McCall KO's AJ
    Henry Akinwande KO's AJ
    Andrew Golota KO's AJ
    Shannon Briggs KO's AJ
    Zeljko Mavrovic KO's AJ
    Evander Holyfield KO's AJ
    Michael Grant KO's AJ
    Frans Botha AJ KO's Botha
    David Tua KO's AJ
    Hasim Rahman KO's AJ
    Mike Tyson KO's AJ
    Vitali Klitschko KO's AJ

10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I think a lot on that list would beat Joshua. They we,re a well rounded bunch the majority of them anyway. Josh a proper unit can punch etc...but these guys had a skill level above Joshua. Most of them could take a punch well. The difference is a lot of these guys learnt to fight by fighting. A lot more sparring etc. Nowadays especially with Joshua it seems to be a lot more sport science based as opposed to skill based. Much better for longetivity although a lot on that list would probably disagree with that cause they kept going for years.

Briggs would have took him out. Says a lot that the guys still fighting today. He actually almost had lewis out at one point. And lewis was a lot more skilled than Joshua. I,d go as far too say Bruno was a also more skilled than Joshua. Explosiveness is good but skill level should be beating it.

The majority of the guys today look like part time fighters to me. The guys putting it in seem to be more interested in the sport science side of things.

11. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Think a lot of the fights would be 50/50 apart from the top guys like Lennox, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe and Vitali they would be favourites going in.

bbjc likes this.