AJ vs Miller Starhub

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Feb 17, 2019.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

After the headlines about it being the fastest sell out or what ever.

Brixton Bomber, 305th and velagod like this.
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    People resell on there. Nothing to see here.

I thought this would bomb by the way? 833 tickets left a disgrace is it?

They might have to put them on groupon.

Brixton Bomber, Potwash and Jojojojo like this.
  3. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Depends if Matchroom sold them 10,000 tickets to keep topping up with I guess

4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    So has this sold out then? Seems people just talk about pre tickets sales which are notoriously picked up by touts.

Brixton Bomber and 305th like this.
  5. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    If you sell 20k tickets and 19,000 of them are to touts it’s still a sell out.

Interesting that touts would be interested in this when they weren’t interested in Wilder Fury (or if they were then why didn’t they buy them?). It’s amazing considering “AJ has no profile in the states”

Heisenberg and Jojojojo like this.
  6. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    lel, classic. Gee, it's almost like a promoter who was instructed via Parliament to stop the Stubhub con would lie about ticket-sales.

Anyone who thinks that the "VIP" or high-end price sections aren't being greyed out due to being at firesale prices "for charity", or simply given away for PR is a clown-shoes wearing village yokel who points at planes.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    CutThroatFade likes this.
  7. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Who knows your GUESS is as good as anyone else's i suppose

8. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I'm not saying anything bad it was a genuine question. Why so quick on the defensive?

9. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I’m not. The majority were and still are saying it was going to bomb. Now that ticket sales have been a success people are on to discredit it with the “touts have bought them” “matchroom still have 10k releasing them slowly” etc.

It’s ridiculous. Just accept he’s a draw worldwide. He’s one of the biggest 3 stars in world boxing.

10. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Stubhub are handling 'Fight Pass' pre sale and Matchroom general sale for this event. Sad thing is mugs are buying pre sale resale at double the price not realising that they go on general sale on Tuesday. Robbery.

"Tickets are priced, $106, $156, $206, $306, $406, $506, $756, $1,006, $1,256 and $2,506 plus applicable booking fees." - Matchroom website.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  11. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I honestly don't care mate. I was just asking if the event was a sell out?

12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    It’s a clever marketing tool. If you announce it’s selling out like crazy and is a massive event people buy tickets as they don’t want to miss out. Matchroom are by far the smartest at marketing an event in the industry. If you release tickets in stages you can give the impression that they are harder to get than they actually are. Nonetheless considering people apparently don’t seem to know Joshua in the US. It certainly seems to have a big fight feel to it.

305th likes this.
  13. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I don’t think we can call AJ a worldwide star, far from it. When the advertisements go up for the fight outside MSG the Americans will not bat an eye at them as they wont have the slightest idea who either fighter is.

I don’t know if you’ve been to Manhattan, but it is certainly not the place where your going to get walk ups.

You know very well what Matchroom are upto with these tickets and good luck to them. Eddie is doing what he can to create hype as his back is really up against the wall.

I hope it’s a sell out in the end, I have my doubts and even if it does sell out I’m pretty certain thousands will be comps, but who cares it doesn’t affect me.

Brixton Bomber and 305th like this.
  14. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I’ve been telling people for the past year! I went to manhattan last February followed by LA. There was massive under armour posters with AJ on in both city’s!

15. Jojojojo

Jojojojo Member banned Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Why are people on here so desperate for Matchroom to fail and so quick to get very bitter and delusional over the slightest critism of Fury ?

Some weird cliques on here.

Tazz and Sugar 88 like this.