AJ vs Pulev £24.99

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Cheers mate, I'll get me boat and rod ready.

Twentyman and Jurgen like this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Good man

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I think that is part of the whole push in charging for what should be non pay-per-view like Usyk vs Chisora. It offers scope for Hearn to justify charging more for Joshua. It's a double whammy effect - more money all around.

The truth is that pay-per-view should be reserved for genuinely big events. Joshua vs Pulev is not that, so I don't subscribe to the notion that Joshua is a pay-per-view boxer, per se. He's only a pay-per-view boxer if he has a dance partner.

Of course, as has been said many times already in this thread, there is strangely a demand for these mediocre pay-per-view events and they are justified in overcharging - Sky and Matchroom have done well to build up Matchroom FC and it has all been enabled thanks to social media.

4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I thought this

Charging 20 for pure crap gives them the narrative to spin how this is worth 25

Clever really

5. crixus85

crixus85 Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    How’s this for a, supposedly impartial promoter, selling a fight at an inflated PPV price : “Joshua is going to absolutely destroy him.”
    So much for building this up as a must see compelling, competitive fight!
    Is Ed trying to shoot himself in the foot, actually telling us how it will probably transpire, as if we didn’t know?
    I

Work the body and Wizbit1013 like this.
  6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    People want to see blood. That sells.

7. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    The smartest thing they’ve done is building PPV ‘attractions’ by sticking the likes of Whyte and Chisora fights on PPV undercards, with just the occasional fight on regular Sky. Then, people are used to watching them on PPV so bat less of an eyelid when they start headlining PPVs themselves in what are essentially those same undercard fights.

See the likes of Buatsi, Benn, Katie Taylor, Okolie etc. who they are trying it with next.

Sickening how people eat it up, but 30 seconds looking at the replies to a Benson or Hearn tweet show what a good job they’ve done with it all. We’re not far away from PPVs being a monthly occurrence now. Hopefully the bubble will burst at some point, but with the cosiness of the Sky/Matchroom relationship it seems unlikely.

8. crixus85

crixus85 Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Well if punching out a mismatched 40 year old, never that good even 10 years ago , is what the masses want, then, let the games begin!
    I prefer an evenly matched compelling duel, Crawford-Spence, Betchelt-Valdez etc, but that’s just me.

9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    If I've read this right you are currently being bummed by a Gorilla, which makes your post doubly impressive.

BiggieL, Unforgiven, velagod and 2 others like this.
  10. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Haha no. If you've ever seen the movie, the rich guys enforcer gets locked in a cage with a Gorilla at the end.

Holler likes this.
  11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    100%

I can't see it bursting either, it's going from strength to strength but it will depend on future generational talents coming through. Fabio Wardley, who I have no idea how good he is, is like something straight out of the Sky handbook with how he speaks and approaches the media - they need someone like that with the ability.

Great username, by the way.

chrisfinch likes this.
  12. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Think they have missed a trick and bigger picture with aj vs Pulev
    Pulev has never been world class is what 40 and realistic 5 percent chance winning if that,
    With the lockdown and people finanaces they could sold this say 10 pounds many more buy it thinking a night boxing for a tener imagine get far more sales than the 24,95 but just pure greed ,

crixus85, Gatekeeper and Willis Brown like this.
  13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    It was a monthly occurrence in 2019 mate

14. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Can they get the savage on this card to give us a bit of light hearted entertainment.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I’m sure they’ll try - they need to replace the Dave Allen novelty factor somehow. I see Dorian Darch called Babic out last night - wouldn’t be surprised if they squeeze that in.