AJ vs RUIZ: This is not real

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by DimitarB, Jun 2, 2019.

1. DimitarB

DimitarB New Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Well well well, I cannot believe this happened. I watched several times the knockdowns and I still cannot believe it. It's a theatre. This is not AJ we all know. He had no speed, no chin. This is not AJ who beat Klitschko. The fight was a play, arranged beforehand, idk why, maybe for betting bosses to get richer. No way after AJ knocks Ruiz down he then punches that hard and AJ doesn't see the punch. It'a a farce c'mon. I'm no AJ fanboy, I support Wilder but now let's be honest.
    Please if you think this was a real fight and I talk bull**** explain me what the hell happened.

GALVATRON likes this.
  2. Bollywooden

Bollywooden Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 8, 2014
    It's real, you could tell by Joshua in his post-fight interview, he tried to play the bigger man but it felt hollow, he was humiliated.

There's no hiding place in a boxing ring, and it doesn't care for pre-fight punditry.

3. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Body punches are real. Ruiz did a good job of breaking down his opponent and finishing him.

4. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Gtfover it. Joshua is not a God.

5. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    thats very rude and disrespectful to Ruiz to say this was a fake fight. Tell me, when you have you seen Ruiz look bad in any of his fights??? and why on earth would AJ tarnish his legacy by making a "theatre" as you say, and destroy all of his chances in having the biggest fight of his career against Wilder? Where is your logic man?

6. CarlChilders

CarlChilders Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2019
    Fanboyism doesn't have logic. These grown men so obsessed over other grown men that they need to make excuses when they lose. Joshua isn't good and got exposed. Simple as that.

Staminakills and bruce_keyes like this.
  7. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Speed advantage is a big factor.AJ slow as molasses heavyweight.Ruiz absolutely pelted him with a fuselage of punches the ones he didn’t see put him on ***** street.AJ just wasn’t ready for the speed.

Staminakills likes this.
  8. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Every time they were in a clinch it seemed like Ruiz made it a point to dig in a couple extra body shots. Those add up and I think slowed AJ down. Also I think Ruiz has an underrated amount of stamina. I know he carries around some weight but also paces himself and knows how to conserve energy. Take the 4th round, after the furious 3rd round the 4th was an extremely low output round at points but AJ was visibly exhausted while Ruiz seemed to really recover well, almost like getting knocked down gave him an extra sense of urgency and seemed to re-invigorate him. Whereas when AJ went down he didn't seem to be able to handle the shock of it. And honestly it was a similar situation vs Wlad when AJ went down, it took him a couple of rounds to recover. That 2nd wind did kick in a couple rounds later and I know Vitali was kicking himself for advising Wlad not to go for the KO when he had AJ in trouble. But AJ seems to have real stamina issues. Not so much from his work rate, but from adversity. Every fighter reacts to getting tagged and knocked down differently, but AJ seems to really slow down when he gets knocked down.

Staminakills likes this.
  9. DimitarB

DimitarB New Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2019
    I know why you are saying this, it really was disrespectful of me. I haven't seen him fight, I judged him purely on his looks. Yet, as I have written in another post, AJ looked like he knew he had to lose the fight. He looked like he faked everything. I think it just cannot happen.

Ivan28 likes this.
  10. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    It is REAL - Live with it !
    Ruiz is a better man than AJ

IsaL likes this.
  11. trainer

trainer Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    After watching the bout again, I have determined a 40% probability that this L on Joshua's record was planned.

Ivan28 likes this.
  12. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm shocked at the result, I knew he'd lose at some point but never thought it would be to Ruiz Jr. I thought Fury would be the one to eventually beat him, or maybe Usyk, even Wilder would of always been dangerous, maybe even a Whyte rematch, but Andy Ruiz Jr, didn't see that coming.

In hindsight looking at the circumstances of this fight from the change of opponent, to Joshua's charm offensive to try and sell himself in the US which would of been a distraction the signs were there that he mentally wasn't as prepared as he could of been. He clearly over looked Ruiz Jr, he had his business brain on, his main focus wasn't Ruiz Jr, it was promoting himself and the fight in the US to break America.

I mean why train in Miami if the fights in NY, sure it's only 3 hrs flight away but we all know even such haul flights can me mentally and physically draining. Now I don't think it effect Joshua's performance at all he physically was 100% but you have the to question the mentality behind such thinking to base your camp in another city when you have so many good options to train in NY. Plus the gym Joshua built for himself in Miami, why build your own gym, why create such a distraction, why waste mental energy on hiring graffiti artists to glam up your brand new gym? It's all signs of a fighter not focused on his opponent but focused on other things like the fame, the trappings of being champion.

This lack of focus played out in the ring last night, instead of getting the win he looked to impress. He had Ruiz down, but he wasn't badly hurt at all, but Joshua went for the KO when normally he would of been more cautious and got caught hooking with a hooker on the inside, which was stupid. Had he fought like he had vs Povetkin he would of won but instead of being patient he was looking to impress because his main focus wasn't to win it was to sell himself to the US fans and it back fired big time.

Question is now how does Joshua respond. Is he a Lewis, can he refocus learn from his errors and come up with a game plan to win and stick to it instead of allowing himself to get drawn into a fight that favours Ruiz again, or is he a Hamed, too spoiled by the money and the fame to refocus on boxing. I guess we'll find out in the rematch.

13. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    AJ just never recovered from that shot he received when he went to finish off Ruiz.

14. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Haha get over it.

Joshua got outjabbed by a small, fat Mexican. His body got pounded,and he got caught with a beautiful temple shot. Ruiz beats him in a rematch, too.

Joshua's boxing is ****. Nice aesthetic, but poor application and ring IQ. He's like the opposite of Carlos Monzon lol.

RA RA RUIZ!

15. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016
    No he sucks and you dont know **** about boxing nothing more.